Newbie To LHCF Tips GREATLY Appreciated!

LexaKing

My current length is BS and Im trying to reach MB and eventually WL. I'm hoping I can reach MB by July/August.

My current regimen is-
Moisturizing Shampoo 1x weekly
DC 2x weekly
Protein Treatment 1x monthly
M&S Every night
Wrap Every night

One and day and biotin vitamins daily.

My hair is relaxed but not bone straight, it still has a lot of texture so I can wear twist outs, but currently I flat iron once a week with a heat protectant. Any tips from the ladies who have achieved their hair goal would be GREATLY appreciated!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Welcome!!

One thing I would suggest is to possibly reduce your flat iron usage... weekly tends to be too much direct heat.

Also, check out the Healthy Relaxed Hair sticky on the top of the page in order to follow more users with relaxers. :)

LexaKing

I do agree with the direct heat, I'm trying to stretch using a flat iron to 2x a month and doing flat twist after co washing in between.

SEMO

Not sure that I'm the best qualified to give advice for relaxed hair, but I wanted to drop in and say welcome to the forum! :)

Aireen

Oooooooooh GIRRRRRRLLLL! Welcome! :grin:

I'm relaxed too and currently at MBL approaching WL with about an inch to go. What helped me:

- Not doing too much (Honestly doing too much can be catastrophic)
- Stretching relaxers (This can be tricky so if you're not used to this make sure you moisturize well and don't go hard leaping from getting relaxers every 2 months to every 6. You really need to steadily learn how long you can stretch for)
- Avoid scissor happy stylists! (Also known as SHS. I get a trim every relaxer and love it but my stylist cuts off about 1/4-1/8 of an inch)
- Multivitamin! (Helps hair grow to its maximum potential. I'm honestly not going to say it increases hair growth because there's a debate about that but if you find that your hair grows at a slower rate, it could be because you're lacking in nutrients. Hair, nails, and skin are the last to get the nutrients since your vital organs need them more.

Hope I helped, happy hair growing!

LexaKing

Oooooooooh GIRRRRRRLLLL! Welcome! :grin:

I'm relaxed too and currently at MBL approaching WL with about an inch to go. What helped me:

- Not doing too much (Honestly doing too much can be catastrophic)
- Stretching relaxers (This can be tricky so if you're not used to this make sure you moisturize well and don't go hard leaping from getting relaxers every 2 months to every 6. You really need to steadily learn how long you can stretch for)
- Avoid scissor happy stylists! (Also known as SHS. I get a trim every relaxer and love it but my stylist cuts off about 1/4-1/8 of an inch)
- Multivitamin! (Helps hair grow to its maximum potential. I'm honestly not going to say it increases hair growth because there's a debate about that but if you find that your hair grows at a slower rate, it could be because you're lacking in nutrients. Hair, nails, and skin are the last to get the nutrients since your vital organs need them more.

Hope I helped, happy hair growing!

All wonderful advice!!! I relax twice a year so thats good I think :) But I do have to find a trustworthy stylist... I'm scared because last time I had a stylist use a razor on my hair which gave me bad split ends and took off a lot of my hair :(

Aireen

All wonderful advice!!! I relax twice a year so thats good I think :) But I do have to find a trustworthy stylist... I'm scared because last time I had a stylist use a razor on my hair which gave me bad split ends and took off a lot of my hair :(

Thank you! Having a trustworthy stylist is one of those make or break aspects of a hair journey, you're putting complete faith in someone else handling your hair. I once had a stylist HACK OFF my bloody nape. Never went back to that salon. :nono: It's funny, Torontonians from LHCF praise the salon so highly and I can honestly say I'd never go back, even if I was desperate.

sunnieb

Welcome to the forum! Thanks so much for posting!

Looks like you are off to a very good start. Like NappyNelle mentioned, try to ease up on your direct heat usage. Once I gave up direct heat, my hair health took off!

What products do you use?

LexaKing

The products I use are (I alternate)

1.Mixed Chicks Gentle Cleansing Shampoo or Motions Lavish Con Shampoo
2.Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner and Mane n Tail Conditioner( light protein) or Aussie 3 Min Miracle Deeep Conditioner
3. Neutrogena Silk Touch Leave In
4. Nairobi Wrap Foam

At night I use Tresemme Split end remedy on my ends, Mizani Coconut Soufflé to moisturize. And either Argan Oil or my Design Essentials Oil to seal.