NEWBIE NEEDING HELP!!!

LAYDEE

:whyme: Hi everyone:wave: im fairly new to LHCF and i thank god i bumped into this site when i did. Im originally from brooklyn ny-now living in Hawaii(military move). Here's my dilemma: in ny i use to go to a dominician salon faithfully every week. my stylist had my hair so healthy!! now im in hawaii and the stylist out here are the worst so i realized that im going to have to do my hair from home. this is where the plot thickens!!! I DONT REMEMBER EVERYTHING MY STYLIST USED IN MY HAIR!:perplexed The only things i do remember is the salerm21 and infusium leave in. i've been using carol's daughter because i really like her products-they do a good job but not the job my stylist use to do. my hair is shedding too much and it just doesnt seem as healthy. i almost had a heart attack last night when i saw the amount of hair in my sink. so please, if anyone can give me some pointers or advice please help a sista out. in regards to perms, i use to use creame of nature herba rich-now im using affirm(a stylist here recommended it-no one sells herba rich out here) i have 4a/b type hair-quite fine. please anyone hear my plea for help. thanks in advance:cry3:

MzOptimistic

LAYDEE said:
:whyme: Hi everyone:wave: im fairly new to LHCF and i thank god i bumped into this site when i did. Im originally from brooklyn ny-now living in Hawaii(military move). Here's my dilemma: in ny i use to go to a dominician salon faithfully every week. my stylist had my hair so healthy!! now im in hawaii and the stylist out here are the worst so i realized that im going to have to do my hair from home. this is where the plot thickens!!! I DONT REMEMBER EVERYTHING MY STYLIST USED IN MY HAIR!:perplexed The only things i do remember is the salerm21 and infusium leave in. i've been using carol's daughter because i really like her products-they do a good job but not the job my stylist use to do. my hair is shedding too much and it just doesnt seem as healthy. i almost had a heart attack last night when i saw the amount of hair in my sink. so please, if anyone can give me some pointers or advice please help a sista out. in regards to perms, i use to use creame of nature herba rich-now im using affirm(a stylist here recommended it-no one sells herba rich out here) i have 4a/b type hair-quite fine. please anyone hear my plea for help. thanks in advance:cry3:

Don't worry someone will jump in at any moment and help you....

MzOptimistic

LAYDEE said:
hello. anyone there?

The ladies will jump in shortly sometimes it takes a minute.....but in the meantime purchase "The Black Woman's Guide To Beautiful Healthier Hair in 6 Weeks"...this book is excellent it helped me get my hair back healthy and gain length....this book can be purchased at amazon.com the author of the book is Carolyn Gray....the reason why I recommend this book is because you want to get your hair back healthy ASAP and I know you don't have time to try and spend money on different products and then they don't work for you....the products Carolyn mentions in her book are the same products we use on this board.....of course you do not have to use her products but the book will basically give you a foundation on building your haircare regimen and bringing your hair back to a healthy state and gain length of course.

yourleoqueen

If your main concern is shedding, there has been a general consensus on the board that people are shedding due to the heat. Alot of ladies are using Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo to try to curb it. HTH!