!!!!!!!NEWBIE COLLEGE STUDENT PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

kware27

Hi everyone,
Please help me. I recently discovered LHCF. Im a college student and I dont know what to do for my hair since Im not at home anymore. My hair was ear level last year after breaking off so much.:mad: Now its past my ears around chin level.:) And is finally starting to get on a good track. I found a stylist and Im going every two weeks. She uses design essentials products.But what should I be doing in between visits? I want to know what I can do to get my hair healthy again? What vitamins I should be taking? Also How do I post pictures. I know alot of people have fotki? But I have no Idea what that is. I would like to be at shoulder length by next year this time. Im open to all suggestions.Please Help:cry3:

Thanks
~Kenita~:)

Hey kware :wave:

Welcome to the board. I am far from an expert but hopefully I get help get you started. I can't really offer you to much hair specific advice because I'm not sure what your current hair issues are. I would do a search on the board for some of your major hair concerns to just to get an idea of what some of us are doing with their hair. If you have access to a digital camera it if you could take a couple of pics of your hair and post them in the forum the advice you get may be a bit more specific for your needs. Looking at some of them members fotki's are great from inspiration (you can find them in most peoples signatures). A lot of people detail their routines and products which might be helpful in your journey. If you'd like to start your own then head to www.fotki.com and open a free account. HTH :)

Welcome:) ...btwn salon visits CO wash and moisturize...vits: A good multi vitamin,MSM,Biotin,Silica, EFA's (Omega 3-6-9)...this should get u back on track;) HTH

hey girl! welcome! Start off by reading this thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=50291
it's long but it gives you a lot of what you need to know about starting off your hair care journey.

In between your salon visits try and moisturize your hair daily (something water based) then seal with an oil. If your hair is shoulder length you may want to try protective styles and look out for the baggie method.

Most importantly, treat your hair like fine lace not a punch dummy, lol.
Keep reading the threads here and soak up as much info as you can. It's overwhelming at first but in a short time you'll get the hang of it.

Good luck and post pics!

ohsosuzy said:
Hey kware :wave:

Welcome to the board. I am far from an expert but hopefully I get help get you started. I can't really offer you to much hair specific advice because I'm not sure what your current hair issues are. I would do a search on the board for some of your major hair concerns to just to get an idea of what some of us are doing with their hair. If you have access to a digital camera it if you could take a couple of pics of your hair and post them in the forum the advice you get may be a bit more specific for your needs. Looking at some of them members fotki's are great from inspiration (you can find them in most peoples signatures). A lot of people detail their routines and products which might be helpful in your journey. If you'd like to start your own then head to www.fotki.com and open a free account. HTH :)
yes you dont have to pay...I found this out the hard way...then search msm, biotin, henna, vatika oil, and protective styles here. I know it sounds overwhleming but it will at least help you form some opinions on what you wanna take...HTH

thanks JustMeSteph,
I just took some pictures and opened a fotki account. How do I find out my hair type?

Thank You everyone for welcoming me:) I just opened a fotki account and posted pictures. Im writing down all your advice and Im gonna start searching now.Hopefully in a few weeks I will get use to all this. Its so much information im going crazy:perplexed But thanks again

Many of ladies suggested vits and different hair techniques. I think they gave some great advice but I think it's important for you to research everything before you go out and buy it. Don't just read one thread and say "Oh, one person uses it so it must be good." Do a search on the product to get more information. Find out why it works and read experiences, good and bad. If you try everything you'll go crazy, broke, and end up with mixed results...not like I'm talking from personal experience....:look:

Also, tell us about your hair. Are you natural? Relaxed? How long have you been so? What hair goals do you have in mind? What problems are you currently having with it?

And finally, I'm impressed that you have the money to get your hair done every 2 weeks. But what are you doing during those two weeks?

:bouncy: :clap: :clapping: As a fellow college student, I say welcome!!! You will learn so much by being here!

Thanks Ivyhair,
You are absolutely right. I have been trying to research b/c everyone discusses so many products I dont want to go broke trying to buy everything.My hair is relaxed. I just got a relaxer about two weeks ago. Before that I had it relaxed in Nov of 2006. I try to atleast go four months until every relaxer if I can. The stylist im going to uses Design Essentials which I like. Before that I would have to drive home to have my mom relax my hair and I was using Organic Root Stimulater Olive Oil Relaxer.My hair goal is for it to reach shoulder length and to be fuller. The problems im having is shedding.

Back