Newbie need some pointers!!!!!!!

sweetpeadst

Hello beautiful ladies of LHCF!!!!! I am a newbie and was wondering everyones hair type (mine snappy nappy), how often does everyone get a relaxer, and what products work best for you. Any pointers on how to make my hair as lovely as yalls!!!!!!!!!!!!

candibaby

Welcome to the LHCF! In order to give you pointers, could you first tell us your hair type, whether you are relaxed or natural, and what your regimine is (if you have one)?

I am a relaxed 3c/4a, I relax usually every 10-12 weeks, and the Nexxus/Kenra line works best for me.

lovelymissyoli

Welcome newbie /images/graemlins/wave.gif. You'll learn a lot here!

Okay...now to answer your questions:

1.) My hair type...I'll say 4a.
2.) I relax when needed...normally every 3-4 months; if I have braids I stretch my relaxer out longer.
3.) Some products that work well for me are: Kenra moisturizing shampoo, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Suave Milk & Honey, LeKair Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment, African Pride Oil, Organic Root Stimulator's Olive Oil, Aphogee Leave-in Conditioning Spray, Fantasia IC's Ice pomade & leave-in hair and scalp treatment, and many more products.

There are many techniques you can practice to have healthy, long hair (i.e. protective styling, the baggie method, deep conditions, eliminating heat, etc). Happy growing! /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

genesis

Welcome!! My hair type is below, I am still trying out different products to find out which ones are best for my hair type.--Side note, this board can turn you into a product junkie, beware /images/graemlins/laugh.gif -- I really love the Elucence line, I also like many of the Dominican products as well. I am sure that you will get more info. from some of the other ladies soon... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KAddy

sweetpeadst

my hair type is 1 (very nappy my mother said it used to cut her when I was little). As far as stretching perms go I usually get a perm every 4-6 weeks but since I have been reading stuff on your website I'm going to try to stretch it out. I heard that stretching perms broke your hair due to the fact that you virgin hair is stronger than your relaxed hair. My regimen is a Nexxus Shampoo Humectress (i think) twice Creme of Nature once and Nexxus Conditioner Biotera leave-in. I have just started using Surge products so lately it has been Power wash 2x, Creme of Nature once, Kera care humecto congitioner, Leave-in Surge 14 and Biotera. Then I sit under dryer and then Flat iron.

sweetpeadst

Oh yeah, I plan on getting micros so I can stretch my perm out. What is the best type of hair?????? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KAddy

Hey Sweetpeadst,

I realized I didn't answer the question (that's what I get for not reading).

OK my hair type is 4a/b and I relax every 10-12 weeks. As far as experiencing breakage, it depends on how long your hair can last and the level of manipulation. So far my hair has lasted up to 10 weeks without breakage.

I currently use PhytoSpecific products.