Newbie Delurking

madamdot

Newbie Delurking (Pictures)

hi everybody. I've been hooked on this site for the last few weeks soaking up as much knowledge as possible.

Today I decided to say hello. I also put an album together for my hair journey. It's open at the moment.

I am not quite familiar with moving around the site but I am so excited... when I found you all. When I decided to grow my hair I figured I cannot possibly be the only black woman who think this is possible - I am so happy to know not only that I am not alone, but it can be done ...YAY!

http://public.fotki.com/dawnydawn/

Last edited:
Re: Newbie Delurking (Pictures)

Hi..., welcome. Your hair has a lot of body and coming on nicely. It is thick so you are going to love the progress to longer hair - can't wait to see what it will look like in 6 months.

Thanks all. I am so very excited. Yea I have pretty thick hair (definitely a 4b), and now that I am older and able to appreciate it: I love it and want to keep it nice and thick. Although over the last few years I noticed that my hair has been changing a little becoming less course and more curly and I am wondering if its becoming more like my mom's who has 3b or maybe I am just getting better at taking care of it. Either way, I cant wait to go home and show her everything I have learned.

I am thinking when I start stretching my relaxer a bit more (am aiming for 8 weeks this time but we'll see how my hair and I handle it), that some of the body will come back. Also, I am thinking of switching to a relaxer that doesn't get my hair quite so dead right after.

I have learned so much on this board and yesterday I discovered Mango butter: My hair practically got up and danced. It's great... and for someone who cant stand smelling like any type of food ... using MTG or Mango butter is certainly an interesting experience.

Will keep you all informed.

Back