New tip for anyone with dehydrated ends!

Kalani

Okay, so I know everyones hair is different and the same thing doesn't work for everyone but this worked so fabulous for me I have to share it!

My hair's ends have always been a bit on the dry side but they suddenly took a turn for the worse! They looked completely dried out and no moisturizer or oil I used was helping. I would literally coat them in pure coconut oil, serums, ends treatment you name it, but no moisture would take and they would defiantly look parched and dried out no matter what I put on them.

I figured there was no hope and I would have to cut em off as I usually do. Then I came across an old bottle of pure vitamin E oil I had bought at Vitamins Shoppe a while ago. The oil was super thick and almost sticky but I figure I'd see what it did once applied on my ends. So after a conditioning wash I applied it to my wet ends generously. After my hair dried I could not believe it! :eek: My ends looked smooth and moisturized! I really didn't think it would work but it actually did!
Needless to say I used that old bottle up quickly and went back to Vitamin Shoppe to buy more! :grin:

So if any of you ladies are in the same boat, give the pure vitamin E oil a try! You may be surprised!

THANK YOU DTACHI!!!! I'm gonna have to try that becuas emy ends are lookign really dry now and this castor oil doesn't seem to be helping.

Prettyinpink00 said:
THANK YOU DTACHI!!!! I'm gonna have to try that becuas emy ends are lookign really dry now and this castor oil doesn't seem to be helping.

Yeah, girl I tried the castor oil too! I tried just about everything.
When you go to purchase it try to get a brand oil that has the thickest consistency and make sure its pure vitamin E. When I went back I had a hard time finding the exact match to the one I had previously. I think the Jason brand has a good one.

Good luck!

I was using it mixed with my conditioners with good results. It got on my nerves, because it truly is thick and takes forever to get a good amount out of the bottle! :)

They have pure vitamin E by cococare (I get it from the bss) and Duane reade if people are looking for other sources!

super!!!! I will definitely try this, just burst a vitamin e capsule. i want to add that last night I added some " Vigorol Georgia Peach Pomade" to my ends and left my hair in a ponytail, coverd it and my ends are super straight and well behaved. The Pomade is also sticky & contains:

* petroleum
* lanolin
* peach kernel oil (boy can you smell it)
* coconut oil
* jojoba oil
* rosemary oil

Last edited:
dtachi said:
Okay, so I know everyones hair is different and the same thing doesn't work for everyone but this worked so fabulous for me I have to share it!

My hair's ends have always been a bit on the dry side but they suddenly took a turn for the worse! They looked completely dried out and no moisturizer or oil I used was helping. I would literally coat them in pure coconut oil, serums, ends treatment you name it, but no moisture would take and they would defiantly look parched and dried out no matter what I put on them.

I figured there was no hope and I would have to cut em off as I usually do. Then I came across an old bottle of pure vitamin E oil I had bought at Vitamins Shoppe a while ago. The oil was super thick and almost sticky but I figure I'd see what it did once applied on my ends. So after a conditioning wash I applied it to my wet ends generously. After my hair dried I could not believe it! :eek: My ends looked smooth and moisturized! I really didn't think it would work but it actually did!
Needless to say I used that old bottle up quickly and went back to Vitamin Shoppe to buy more! :grin:

So if any of you ladies are in the same boat, give the pure vitamin E oil a try! You may be surprised!

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?!!! Congrats on your discovery!!! :up:

onepraying said:
Don't you love it when a plan comes together?!!! Congrats on your discovery!!! :up:

Thanks! Yes, I am loving that this plan actually worked, LOL! It is very gratifying. :grin:

Porsche19 said:
I was using it mixed with my conditioners with good results. It got on my nerves, because it truly is thick and takes forever to get a good amount out of the bottle! :)

They have pure vitamin E by cococare (I get it from the bss) and Duane reade if people are looking for other sources!

So true! The old bottle I had actually had a little spatula attached in the cap so you could scoop it out. Unfortunately my new bottle doesn't have it.

Man, I just clipped my dry ends last week. I tried this about two years ago as a moisturizer but never thought of using it lately specifically for dry ends.Great tip though!

Congrats:jasons makes very good products. for my ends I use sometimes (Kuza Hair Food) Petrolatum,mineral oil,Isopropyl Palmitate,Soybean oil,Safflower oil,jojoba oil,Avocado oil,Vitamin A & E,Weat germ oil,Lanolin,Protein. A lot on wet hair. A little little bit on dry hair. Also Vit E & Pure Jojoba oil together works wonders. HAPPY HAIR GROWING!

Congrats Dtachi on your new discovery!!! :weird:
BTW, I noticed that you currently use Phyto relaxer, which looks great! But I was wondering, if you've always used No-Lye relaxers? My ends would also be very dry, frizzy and poofy when I used No Lye relaxers. Just wondering. :)

kitchen_tician said:
Congrats Dtachi on your new discovery!!! :weird:
BTW, I noticed that you currently use Phyto relaxer, which looks great! But I was wondering, if you've always used No-Lye relaxers? My ends would also be very dry, frizzy and poofy when I used No Lye relaxers. Just wondering. :)

Thanks! I've been using No Lye relaxers since I stopped going to the salons (about a couple years). When I was getting my hair relaxed at the salon I wasn't sure what they were using (probably not a good thing :lol: ).
So I don't know if my ends are from a past lye or no lye relaxer.
Thats interesting though that the no lye is a culprit of dry, frizzy and poofy ends(you described it perfectly!)

Last edited:
Sounds great! I am in braids and have been taking really good care of my scalp. Do you think I could put in on my braids? Does it smell? TIA

carolina_belle said:
Sounds great! I am in braids and have been taking really good care of my scalp. Do you think I could put in on my braids? Does it smell? TIA

I think it would work on braids! There isn't any bad smell or anything. The new bottle I purchased has a nice light natural scent to it. It may depend on the brand but I assume most pure vitamin E oils are relatively the same. :)

I also experienced the same thing. First, I had a Lye relaxer, then I started using No-Lye for a while and that's when the poofy ends started. I don't know how to explain it, but I guess the No-Lye runs down to the ends, because it wasn't originally applied to the ends. :ohwell:

This has happened to me on 2 separate occasions, where I've switched to No-Lye and then poofy ends emerged. Again, this is just my experience; I don't want to start a Lye/No Lye War. :look: Some ladies have great experience with No-Lye and it works very well for them. :up: “One must do what works best for them” ;)

dtachi said:
Thanks! I've been using No Lye relaxers since I stopped going to the salons (about a couple years). When I was getting my hair relaxed at the salon I wasn't sure what they were using (probably not a good thing :lol: ).
So I don't know if my ends are from a past lye or no lye relaxer.
Thats interesting though that the no lye is a culprit of dry, frizzy and poofy ends(you described it perfectly!)

i used to use vitamin e capsules on my hair. it was really nice, healthy, strong and soft. my hair only likes this and shea butter left on-any other oil like castor or coconut can go on the scalp but must be washed out of my hair. i thought about using vitamin e again. thankd for the tip!

Thanks so much for this tip!! I ended up just trimming my ends off on Saturday because I couldn't stand the dryness any longer, and I had put every product possible on them to seal. Next time, I will try the Vitamin E first. ;)

Back