new staples for '09

chebaby

ok ladies today i have come across a couple of new staples for 2009. i will still continue with my old staples but these are things im adding to the list:

1) carols daughter black vanilla smoothie. i deep conditioned with this stuff today and it made my hair so silky(i did it on dry hair without heat). this will replace my banana brulee because for 2009 i plan on not buying anything off line.:lick:
2) oil rinsing specifically with vatika oil. today was my first time oil rinsing and it left my hair even silkier than it was after i washed out my pre poo. i realize these indian oils have amazing properties and benefits to the hair and scalp so i will do this with vatika and maybe amla oil. it was warm and felt amazing on my scalp.:lick:
3) siting under the hooded drier to dry my hair 60% or more before i then blow dry with the drier in one hand and wide tooth comb today. i think this will be great for my hair and my hair still came out soft and fluffy.

so ladies what are you NEW 2009 staples. this is not counting things you already have been doing for years and will continue with. this is for things that you have done within this last 2 weeks or so that you plan on doing in '09. or things you have not done but plan on doing.

HI!!!! Mine are all NTM products, all indian oils, Rusk, (I really don't want to be dependent on growth aids, but I would use Patience Growth Oil as long as she makes it.), ummmm Hairveda, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, ORS Replenshing pak, and right now that's it.......

Menina Preta

My ConAir fake Jilbere shower comb and my ConAir, no snag comb. These combs have made a serious difference in detangling my hair. Before, no matter what I used to DC, I'd feel 'minimal slip' upon rinsing. Now, it's slip city. :)

Dposh167

dc'ing with Shescenit Banana brulee'....& using protein conditioners weekly....I LOVE PROTEIN NOW!!....for 2009 my new protein staple is rusk calm conditioner

Squikee

Hey, everybody! :newbie: here. I've been lurking for months but I don't necessarily have any staples . . . :scratchchWell, maybe some. I love oils! That's my new thing. My favorite is emu oil and EVOO. I finally bought some coconut oil and now that I know how to melt it in my bathroom sink, I think I can use it in so many ways!!:clap: Some other things I really, really like and don't think I'll even change (Hmmm, is that the lamen's definition of a staple?) are Chi Silk Infusion and the Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor.

Some things I would like to start being staples for '09 are . . .

1. Deep conditioning 2 or more times weekly
2. Stretching my relaxers more than 8 weeks
3. No heat except when I deep condition

Wish me luck!! :)

Coffee

My 09 staples are:
Kenra moisturing condish & Kenra nourishing masque
Honey, Olive oil, coconut oil,
Amazon Rainforest Conditioner
Amazon Rainforest Shampoo ICI Natural
Ayurvedic powders & oils
MN & whatever mixture I'll use
Ovation or MT
HairVeda everything
DCing 2 x per week
WEN
Nairobi relaxer

Last edited:

SouthernBeauty

ok ladies today i have come across a couple of new staples for 2009. i will still continue with my old staples but these are things im adding to the list:

1) carols daughter black vanilla smoothie. i deep conditioned with this stuff today and it made my hair so silky(i did it on dry hair without heat). this will replace my banana brulee because for 2009 i plan on not buying anything off line.:lick:
2) oil rinsing specifically with vatika oil. today was my first time oil rinsing and it left my hair even silkier than it was after i washed out my pre poo. i realize these indian oils have amazing properties and benefits to the hair and scalp so i will do this with vatika and maybe amla oil. it was warm and felt amazing on my scalp.:lick:
3) siting under the hooded drier to dry my hair 60% or more before i then blow dry with the drier in one hand and wide tooth comb today. i think this will be great for my hair and my hair still came out soft and fluffy.

so ladies what are you NEW 2009 staples. this is not counting things you already have been doing for years and will continue with. this is for things that you have done within this last 2 weeks or so that you plan on doing in '09. or things you have not done but plan on doing.

What is oil rinsing?!

shibababy

My 2009 staples will be
wig or phony pony (does that count?)
V05 Moisture milks conditioner for cowash
Coconut oil
Sweet almond oil
MN (on nape only)
Wild Hair Growth Oil (applied to new growth)
Aloe Vera Gel
NTM Leave-in conditioner
Affirm Relaxer when needed (going to try my first stretch of 12 weeks)
HAIRVEDA
-Whipped Green Tea Herbal Butter
-Vatika Frosting
-Avosoya Oil
-Cocasta Shikaikai oil
-SitriNilla Deep Conditioner

DarkHair

My 09 staples are:
ORS replenishing pack
Coconut oil
Nexxus Emergencee
VS SoSexy Shine serum
Organix anti-breakage serum
coffee rinsing
Bee Mine
my personal blend of coconut oil, tea tree oil, and castor oil to seal my ends
NTM leave-in moisturizer mixed with EQP Mango Butter to moisturize

Kurlee

Joico kpak resconstructor and intense hydrator

Aloe Vera Juice + Glycerin + SAA + PhytoKeratin + Bioplex NMF + Elucence MB in a spritz as moisturizer

ORS LOck and Twist Gel

Elucence Shampoo or Creme de la Curl/Creme

Last edited:

betteron2day

So far for 2009 the only staples I have are:

Vatika oil
Qhemet's Amla and Heavy Cream
Qhemet's Burdock Root
ORS Aloe Shampoo for chelating
VO5 moisture milks for cowashing

I am trying to find a staple shampoo and DC.

TrendySocialite

My newest staple is to cleanse my scalp with diluted shampoo in a color applicator bottle. Thanks to mane and chic's blog for this tip.

I guess I thought my scalp wasn't getting quite clean enough with just co-washing (and clarifying once a month). So now I wash with diluted shampoo once a week and co-wash in between. And I love it!

WriterGirl

My New 2009 Staple so far is ORS Replenshing Pak. I hated that I waited so long to try it. Should have been using this long time ago...

I can add it to my current staple list:

Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
Elasta QP Intense Conditioner (tag teaming with ORS Pak)
Redken Cleasing Cream (chelate once a month)
Nexxus Emergencee (first wash after a relaxer)
Chi Silk Infusion