New Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Review

NaturalBritt87

Has this line turned any anti-Shea Moisture users into fans, or people on the fence into fans with this line? My hair doesn't like the moisture retention line or coconut hibiscus line. When I was transitioning my hair liked it pretty good, but now nada. My hair especially hates the retention line's masque didn't like the purification masque either. It does nothing for my hair, just sits on top. Any ladies have love for this line that typically steers clear of Shea Moisture products?

Lilmama1011

Has this line turned any anti-Shea Moisture users into fans, or people on the fence into fans with this line? My hair doesn't like the moisture retention line or coconut hibiscus line. When I was transitioning my hair liked it pretty good, but now nada. My hair especially hates the retention line's masque didn't like the purification masque either. It does nothing for my hair, just sits on top. Any ladies have love for this line that typically steers clear of Shea Moisture products?

I hate the curl enhancing smoothie. It just sit there on my hair and I have to keep rubbing it in

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I've been using the masque regularly especially after my henna and indigo treatments. I love it! My SO thinks my hair smells great!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Usually not a "fan" of this line. :perplexed

But I do love the Purification Hair Masque as a Cleansing Conditioner.

I'm hopeful I will love this Masque. (Especially since I snatched up x2 Jars):rolleyes:

hunnychile

Had a gift card and I was out of Naturelle Grow so I picked up the dc'er and it is wonderful! The scent is fresh and lovely, the consistency is suuuuper slippy and great for detangling and moisturizing. My hair is very soft today, even the bf commented. You only need a little bit so the large jar will last my twa a long time.

Staple status. :yep: :up:

hunnychile

I hope they don't discontinue this line, especially because many of the products are mediocre. :ohwell: It seems they chuck a lot of products just to expand the line, which I think is unnecessary, given that the come out with a new "flavor" so frequently. They could introduce one new collection a year and be fine.

oneastrocurlie

I hope they don't discontinue this line, especially because many of the products are mediocre. :ohwell: It seems they chuck a lot of products just to expand the line, which I think is unnecessary, given that the come out with a new "flavor" so frequently. They could introduce one new collection a year and be fine.

I think this line, along with all the others will stick around, with the exception of the superfruit line. Store exclusivity seems kinda silly. But what do I know. I think everything should be available at Target. No exceptions lol.

Kaitlynrs91

I used the masque for the 2nd time yesterday.. Here is what I'll note for my 4c heat damaged strands. Very moisturizing, really does feel like butter rinsing out. However the slip is minima like almost not there so I do have to use my staple pantene truly natural deep con, for added slip.

KinkyGenius

None of the other popular SM products worked in my hair. This is the only SM line that I have had success with. The shampoo from this line is my HG cleanser now and I really like the masque as well.

shtow

So I normally use the purification masque as a DC. This masque seems to be almost or just as moisturizing, but doesn't leave the hair as heavy as the purification one.

The serum is BOMB. It absorbs quickly and is so lightweight. I hate heavy oils so this is a plus. I also add it to my face cream and my skin drinks it up. Waiting on the body butter in the mail.

shtow

I used the masque for the 2nd time yesterday.. Here is what I'll note for my 4c heat damaged strands. Very moisturizing, really does feel like butter rinsing out. However the slip is minima like almost not there so I do have to use my staple pantene truly natural deep con, for added slip.

Yup this masque and the purification one both do not have slip. I always follow up with a detangler.

Beamodel

Tonight I used the Shea moisture Manuka honey shampoo.

It's nice. It Cleansed my hair without stripping it. No complaints but I've have a wee bit better shampoo's.

I will use it up but I think cream of nature shampoo and other Shea moisture shampoos are better.

** The masque is still amazing though **

SEMO

I love the masque from this line. It leaves my hair really moisturized and soft. I can see this becoming my go to DC. I used it side my side with purabody naturals chocolate hair smoothie and I liked the SM manuka and honey masque a lot more (and I really like the chocolate hair smoothie). It's nice to have found a really good deep conditioner that I can get on the ground near where I live.

The only thing I don't like is the smell, and it lingers. But the smell does grow on me a bit every time I use it. And, unlike some other scents, it's not enough to keep me from using the product.

oneastrocurlie

I love the masque from this line. It leaves my hair really moisturized and soft. I can see this becoming my go to DC. I used it side my side with purabody naturals chocolate hair smoothie and I liked the SM manuka and honey masque a lot more (and I really like the chocolate hair smoothie). It's nice to have found a really good deep conditioner that I can get on the ground near where I live.

The only thing I don't like is the smell, and it lingers. But the smell does grow on me a bit every time I use it. And, unlike some other scents, it's not enough to keep me from using the product.

Interesting. I have an unopened chocolate smoothie I was thinking of selling. I haven't used it in so long I forgot whether I love it or not. I really like this SM DC though. Hmmm

Babygrowth

Ok yall! I used that Shampoo and the mask last night. It was nice. Nothing from SM worked for me until this line. The poo had my hair clean and soft. The mask had my hair feeling really good just no slip whatsoever so next time I will follow up with a detangler. It has a nice light scent that is still lingering today. Idk if I would repurchase unless I'm waiting on something to come in the mail and really need to wash my hair. I guess Silk Dreams has a hold on me because nothing I use compares to that. I would take it back but I like that they donate 10% to fight against poverty so I will keep it.

NaturalBritt87

Has anybody used the masque as a leave-in moisturizer? Any one else use the rinse out conditioner as a leave-in? I'm in need of a heavier moisturizer for this fall. Anyone tried it for a wash-n-go? Your results. Thanks :)

shtow

So I know we are talking about the hair products in here but I received the body butter today. Ummmmm it's like cornmeal. Very gritty and hard to apply.

image-2425670371.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ChasingBliss

So I know we are talking about the hair products in here but I received the body butter today. Ummmmm it's like cornmeal. Very gritty and hard to apply.

View attachment 278953

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Interesting look.

I saw this line at Target this weekend. Not so interested anymore. I use Manuka honey in my hair and skin products which is what caught my eye to begin with.

shtow

^^^ Uhhh wth is that?! I've never seen a body butter like that. They can't be serious :lol:

Yes I was like ummm TF? LOL IDK if I got a bad batch or what. I was hoping the grains would at least melt into the skin but nope. Looks like I crumbled cornbread all over my bathroom floor smh

oneastrocurlie

I've been to two different Targets and each time the body butter was hard as a rock. I got the scrub though. No problems there.

veesweets

I'm starting to notice a pattern with my hair and all SM masques. They seem to work best on dry hair for me. I wasn't super impressed with the masque the first time but today I applied it to dry hair and I like it more. It had more slip too.

ImanAdero

So I know we are talking about the hair products in here but I received the body butter today. Ummmmm it's like cornmeal. Very gritty and hard to apply. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

This gave me the heebie jeebies looking at it! Thanks for the warning