• Apl 4a Relaxed

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Apl 4b/z Natural

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Apl 4b/z Relaxed

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

As I realize more people fall into the category of APL, which most still consider the beginning of the long haired categories (I realize that's can be debated but I've noticed threads where those wish to just get off their shoulders to APL). So as APL is a milestone, I thought it should have a poll too. So this is the same drill as with the other thread for BSL so that we can compare what everyone is doing CURRENTLY at this juncture. I realize that will change, but we can get a snap shot of the whole community. Please share what you're doing and if you have any tips share for others.

I left out 3a's as I noticed no votes in that category.

To see how the BSL's are doing go here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=392084&highlight=

Last edited:

hairdrama:{

As I realize more people fall into the category of APL, which most still consider the beginning of the long haired categories (I realize that's can be debated but I've noticed threads where those wish to just get off their shoulders to APL). So as APL is a milestone, I thought it should have a poll too. So this is the same drill as with the other thread for BSL so that we can compare what everyone is doing CURRENTLY at this juncture. I realize that will change, but we can get a snap shot of the whole community. Please share what you're doing and if you have any tips share for others.

I left out 3a's as I noticed no votes in that category.

To see how the BSL's are doing go here:

didn't see the link for the BSL thread :perplexed

Soliel185

I was a little past APL before I BC'd last month. It's the third time I've made it in the past 2 -2.5 years with some trims/cuts in between....my hair is pretty hardy. It likes moisture, and to be left alone. :yep:

loolalooh

I'm a 4-something natural and past APL. (I voted Apl 4b/z Natural.)

The things that really helped me reach and get past that point were: combing less (this has been the MAIN thing), using coconut oil, moisture, and low manipulation. Oh, I also only trim when I have to rather than on a schedule.