New here and Needing HELP!!!

aileendq

HI,
I'm new here (BTW LOVE this forum. You guys are awesome!)I have relaxed my hair (I'm a 3b/c) since I was 13. I /images/graemlins/spinning.gif never had a prob. with breakage or anything until 2 years ago when I switched to a thio-type relaxer. Stupid me! I'm now back to gool old lye relaxers (my hairdresser uses Affirm mild) and PROFESSIONAL relaxing as opposed to at home.
I have recently (this week!) given up blowouts as a drying method (at this forums suggests) but I still get little bits of my ends snapping off all over my desk (about 1/2 an inch or so). I do a protien cond. every other week (Ouidad Deep Treatment) and moisutize my ends with jojoba oil. I have ordered Mizani Moisture Fuse and Hydra fuse (I'm a flaming PJ!!!) Any suggestions? Thoughts, comments? I'm considering stretching my relaxer to 3 months (instead of 2) and opting for Dominican blowouts instead.

Thanks in advance!
/images/graemlins/spinning.gif

lovelymissyoli

Welcome newbie!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif I can't really answer your question but maybe some of the experts can...however, I can say that maybe doing protien treatments every week might be too much on your hair. I hope you find the answers to your questions...Happy growing! /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

dreemssold

Welcome, aileen /images/graemlins/wave.gif! Based on what you'e said, here's my two cents. Go ahead and try to stretch...unless you experience excessive breakage/shedding, it can only help your hair. Switch to the Dominican sets...I would recommend only blowing out your whole head occasionally. A protein treatment every other week is too much protein, imho. Finally, as I am still grasping, oil is not a moisturizer. Jojoba oil is wonderful, but better suited to sealing your moisturizers rather than acting a one. HTH and I am sure other ladies will weigh in as well.

TigerLily

Welcome!

Yes, every other week is too much protein. I would suspect that's why your hair is snapping off at the ends. Every month would be more beneficial. What kind of protein treatment are you using?

I think it would be best to use products like Elasta QP mango butter or Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil (just to name a couple) as moisturizers as opposed to straight oil.

LABETT

Welcome I would also suggest deep conditioning your hair more often and keep it moisturized.