new growth three weeks after relaxer

missynoir

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but this has never happened to me. I had my hair relaxed three weeks ago by my stylist. The relaxer she used was affirm. This was my first time using this relaxer, I usually use Mizani. This morning before she washed my hair she notice I had new growth in the nape area. I asked her if this was normal, she replied yes that my hair is just growing. Somehow I am thinking this relaxer did not take well on my hair. So bascially I just want to know if this is normal? I normally do not see new growth until six weeks. My hair type is 3c with some 4a in the nape area. THANKS

Maybe you are getting a warm weather growth spurt. :confused:

Anyway, I always notice my NG around week 3 so I don't think it is abnormal.

Yes it is very possible to have new growth in 3 wks. This is about the time I start noticing it too! That's great but the way!:)

I was just about to ask this question...I relaxed at the end of May and I need to relax again. I usually can strech for 10 - 12 weeks but not this time.

It might sound crazy, but I had to get a friend to check my scalp. I couldn't believe that after daily co-washing and buttering up my hair when its wet, I had NG. So, it isn't uncommon. I guess my hair needed to breathe and be nourished.

Back