New Carrot Juice Hair Growth Challengers check-in

sweetpeadst

I recently started drinking carrot juice due to seeing some challenge on this site! I want to know the progress/results of the challengers! can anyone tell me their progress report?? How much are/were you drinking daily? I would really appreciate it! Can I please join this challenge by the way?

Last edited:
Well, when I was drinking it, my skin looked better and my hair appeared thicker. Plus, since I juiced during the night I found myself not getting late night cravings. I feel off about 2 months ago but I am about to get back on it. I truly think its a good thing to drink. I use to juice a 16oz daily.

I drink about 10ozs 5 days a week. Mostly just carrot juice but sometimes I mix with beet and ginger.

I have not noticed faster hair growth but my skin is healthier looking. I will definitely continue this.

I haven't been drinking juice, nor am I on the challenge, but I have been eating just raw bags of carrots (with a lil bit of ranch dressin' hehe) for about a month and a half now, and my skin is DEFINITELY a lot smoother, and my hair has thickened up a lot. I recommend it.

I'd like to be on the challenge... I think I'd eat the carrots instead. I might buy raw baby carrots or boil carrots and mash them and make some cool soft food with it like they used to do for my baby cousins, those were good!:baby2:

Carrot juice continues to work for me. I don't usually eat carrots though, just 2 ounces of juice.

I used to drink carrot juice everyday for a couple of months. My skin looked pretty good. Lately, I just started eating baby carrots b/c I am too lazy to use my juicer.

Once I get settled, I'll drink carrot juice daily.

I juice carrots beets and apples everyday. I have noticed that my skin has cleared up a lot! I don't get pimples hardly ever now and my skin maintains a healthy glow. I have been juicing for 2 months now. I also feel a lot healthier now and full of energy!

ok,
I know this is just lazy, but do they sell bottled/canned carrot juice at the grocery store? :look:
I don't have a juicer anyways...

lisajames96 :cool:

lisajames96 said:
ok,
I know this is just lazy, but do they sell bottled/canned carrot juice at the grocery store? :look:
I don't have a juicer anyways...

lisajames96 :cool:

I am drinking Bolthouse 100% Carrot Juice! I bought mine from Wal-mart 2 for $5!! And they are 33.5 fl oz.(I think)

Carrot juice really works and I was on it for a couple of months but the weight gain made me change my mind. Seems like it made my hair healthier and stronger.

I started this but have gotten lazy. I had bought the Bottlehouse juice but realized that I ran out of it too quickly. About a month a go I started putting organic carrots in my juicer and then drinking. However, I only did that maybe once or twice. I'm going to start back on this challenge. About how much should one take per day? I've noticed that I'm lazy with juicing everyday, is there a way for me to juice more and keep in fridge for a couple of days?

gn1g said:
Carrot juice really works and I was on it for a couple of months but the weight gain made me change my mind. Seems like it made my hair healthier and stronger.

I'm with you on this one gn1g. I would love to join this challenge, but there is just too much sugar in carrots for me to add it to my daily diet. I still add it to my salads, but I cannot eat or drink the quantities needed to experience significant hair growth without also growing my waistline.

I'll be watching everyone's progress closely. It sounds like a fun and natural way to grow hair. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
xippy said:
I'm with you on this one gn1g. I would love to join this challenge, but there is just too much sugar in carrots for me to add it to my daily diet. QUOTE]

I didn't know sugar was in carrots. How much sugar do they contain?

gn1g said:

xippy said:
I'm with you on this one gn1g. I would love to join this challenge, but there is just too much sugar in carrots for me to add it to my daily diet. I still add it to my salads, but I cannot eat or drink the quantities needed to experience significant hair growth without also growing my waistline.

I'll be watching everyone's progress closely. It sounds like a fun and natural way to grow hair. Good luck everyone!

Really? Carrot juice made you gain weight? How much were you drinking 'cause there are only 70 calories in 8 oz.

Oh my...I think I'll pass on the carrots if it's going to make me gain weight. I forgot about the sugar in carrots.

Article found on carrots...
http://www.vrg.org/journal/vj2003issue1/vj2003issue1carrot.htm

Some parts here:
Carrots are pretty and full of flavor, sweetness, and nutrients. They are very forgiving when overcooked, rarely losing their color or flavor. They can be stored fresh for months, but they don’t object to being canned, frozen, or dried. And they are equally at home in sweet or savory dishes.
There is a carrot type for everyone. Horse carrots are big, irregularly shaped orange carrots, sometimes with splits in them. Horse carrots tend to be older and more fibrous, making them good for long cooking, as in soups or stews. (my opinion: maybe those are better than baby carrots) Baby carrots are miniature carrots, bred to resemble whole adult carrots. They are sweet and tender, requiring hardly any cooking at all. Those perfectly formed finger-shaped baby carrots sold in bags are larger carrots that have been cut, by machine or hand. This type of baby carrot was the producers’ answer to making horse carrots more popular with consumers. Real baby carrots have not been processed, except to be cut. Small, round carrots are found in the springtime and are good for glazing, as their shape makes it easy for sauce to adhere.

There are also white carrots and maroon carrots. Maroon carrots have more beta carotene, the building block of vitamin A. White carrots, on the other hand, have a little less beta carotene than conventional carrots. Make a gorgeous salad of orange, white, and maroon carrots, and serve raw, as the maroon carrots lose their rosy glow when cooked.

Vitamin A is not carrots’ only claim to fame. There are trace amounts of vitamin C in carrots, as well as fiber and lots of minerals. Due to their sugar content, carrots may have a few more calories from carbohydrates than other vegetables, but they have no sodium or fat. Unless you eat a very large number of carrots every day, you should not have to worry about the sugar content. It is possible to “overdose” on the Vitamin A in carrots. In the seventies, people got heavily into juicing and were drinking the equivalent of twenty carrots per day over a long period of time.

Carrots are cook-friendly. They will retain their nutrients and their color if you treat them with just a bit of care. (my question: does that mean the amount of sugar would reduce if boiled? cuz that'd be great) The smallest amount of cooking liquid is always the best way to preserve nutrients in vegetables, and they should be cooked as quickly as possible. Just cover carrots with boiling water or vegetable stock. Don’t let carrots sit in cold water as it heats up, as this destroys some of the nutrients. Drain cooked carrots as soon as possible so they are not sitting and losing nutrients. A fast and simple lemon carrot recipe couldn’t be easier: cut up carrots, and then steam or boil them until just tender and drain. Return the carrots to the pot. For every 2 cups of carrots, use 2 teaspoons of fresh, chopped parsley, 1 Tablespoon of vegan margarine, and 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice. Toss the carrots with the seasonings and reheat just until carrots are hot. Serve these lemon carrots as a side dish or purée and use as a base for a “creamy” vegetable soup.

----------------------------
I still like carrots and want to eat a few a day, you ladies should too, just don't go crazy with them :lol:

Found this too:

The food industry misleads the public into thinking that high-glycemic foods are healthy. Fruit juices, for instance, are promoted as a concentrated source of nutrients contained in fruit. The downside to juice, however, is that it is a concentrated form of quick-release fructose that can spike serum insulin. Eating whole fruit produces a gradual release of sugar into the blood. Once most fruits are juiced, however, they become catalysts for insulin overload because of their concentration of rapidly absorbable sugar.

Carrots rank high on the glycemic index, but because their glycemic load is very low, there is nothing wrong with eating carrots. Once carrots are juiced, however, the sugar is concentrated into a form that instantly hits the bloodstream and provokes an insulin spike. The moral to this story is to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, but avoid the juice. A look at the calorie content of a glass of fruit or vegetable juice confirms its fat-potentiating effects. For those concerned about obtaining adequate folic acid, vitamin C, alpha carotene, and similar nutrients, these can be obtained by eating whole fruits and vegetables and by taking supplements.

CarLiTa said:
Found this too:

The food industry misleads the public into thinking that high-glycemic foods are healthy. Fruit juices, for instance, are promoted as a concentrated source of nutrients contained in fruit. The downside to juice, however, is that it is a concentrated form of quick-release fructose that can spike serum insulin. Eating whole fruit produces a gradual release of sugar into the blood. Once most fruits are juiced, however, they become catalysts for insulin overload because of their concentration of rapidly absorbable sugar.

Carrots rank high on the glycemic index, but because their glycemic load is very low, there is nothing wrong with eating carrots. Once carrots are juiced, however, the sugar is concentrated into a form that instantly hits the bloodstream and provokes an insulin spike. The moral to this story is to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, but avoid the juice. A look at the calorie content of a glass of fruit or vegetable juice confirms its fat-potentiating effects. For those concerned about obtaining adequate folic acid, vitamin C, alpha carotene, and similar nutrients, these can be obtained by eating whole fruits and vegetables and by taking supplements.

That was really helpful to know. I think I'll chill on the juice...and just snack on the baby carrots instead.

I was drinking about 6-8 oz a day my hair was extremely healthy but I noticed my rings didn't fit my hands after about 4-6 weeks. I gained over 10lbs. But someone said just take a dosage of flaxseed oil and it will not let you gain the weight. Do a search about it.

I have been getting a blend of carrot juice with mango for the past week and a half. I did feel as if I was getting bulky but! I also was wilding out on other foods....like starches. I was going crazy with carbs. I say all this to say you cant just gain weight by carrot juice alone. I can't believe that. You have to take your whole diet into consideration... well I do. I have just now started drinking a lot of water again ( it use to be so effortless for me) and I went back to my chiken/fish and veggies for lunch and dinner. I get the carrot and mango mix for breakfast.

Sticking to 2-4 oz is probably a safe bet, I would think. Even healthy things in excess will have negative effects.

Maybe drinking a little juice everyday combined with eliminating soda or something like that...

Back