Nettles for Growth

ChasingBliss

I've been reading a lot about the Nettle leaves lately and was wondering if it really does promote hair growth and strength. My grandmother told me it does and that this has been a known fact for the longest time. Then I read a thread somewhere around here that reminded me of what I've been hearing. SO, I went out and bought some tea bags from the health food store. I brewed some to make a rinse which I will be using two to three times per week for the next two months. I will also drink one cup before bed time during this time. If NOTHING, at least I will get some health benefits :lol:.

Has anyone else here used Nettle tea as a rinse?

tallnomad

I never have, but I've wanted to for years. I have a holistic book and they talk about using nettle as a rinse for hair. They said it makes it grow and makes hair strong. Let us know if it works!:)

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I have heard of nettle rinses being used to keep hair dark. I made a strong nettle tea/ACV rinse once, but it did not seem to have any effect on my hair like rosemary does. I do like nettle tea during the winter months though.

bajanplums1

The Liquid Hair Skin Nails formula has nettle, I also see it in tons of leave ins including the Elucence Mousse. So I can believe it.

ChasingBliss

Nymphe said:
I have heard of nettle rinses being used to keep hair dark. I made a strong nettle tea/ACV rinse once, but it did not seem to have any effect on my hair like rosemary does. I do like nettle tea during the winter months though.

Yes, I've heard this too. I forgot about rosemary. I will purchase some of that as well.

brownsugarflyygirl

I read things here and there about nettles being good for the hair...I get my dosage in my Carols Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey and the African Glory Oil that I use....I dont know about using it alone or its affects internally :perplexed...let us know what you experience

gn1g

I put the Nettle EO on my eyebrows and it grew them in beautifully. I have not used it as a hair rinse nor drank it as a tea. I've heard that it causes itchiness.

WomanlyCharm

I made an infusion of nettles and water last week, and have used it three times as a final rinse...I have to say, it does make my hair feel strong. I use the loose herb, just throw it into a pot of hot water and let it steep, then add my rosemary and peppermint EOs.

I also bought some nettle tea bags...the stuff isn't so bad, when you flavor it with lemon and honey. I don't know how healthy it's going to make me, but there seem to be no adverse side effects (itching, etc.)

We'll see how it works with my hair growth...:ohwell:

missnurselady

I just tried my first nettle rinse w/rosemary leaves. I plan on using the rinse atleast once a week maybe twice if time permits. I will keep you posted on the outcome. Question are you ladies using rosemary eo or leave with the rinse?

ChasingBliss

gn1g said:
I put the Nettle EO on my eyebrows and it grew them in beautifully. I have not used it as a hair rinse nor drank it as a tea. I've heard that it causes itchiness.

Wow, that's interesting...I know somebody that might be interested in this.

ChasingBliss

WomanlyCharm said:
I made an infusion of nettles and water last week, and have used it three times as a final rinse...I have to say, it does make my hair feel strong. I use the loose herb, just throw it into a pot of hot water and let it steep, then add my rosemary and peppermint EOs.

I also bought some nettle tea bags...the stuff isn't so bad, when you flavor it with lemon and honey. I don't know how healthy it's going to make me, but there seem to be no adverse side effects (itching, etc.)

We'll see how it works with my hair growth...:ohwell:

Hmm, I like that combo. Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks ladies for your input!