Neighborhood Salons vs. Professional Salons

Neighborhood stylists vs Professional stylists

• Total voters

SherylsTresses

For those who go to salons for retouches......

Which do you use? Has anyone noticed a difference...??? I thought my neighborhood stylist was the greatest :fairy: until I visited JC Penneys salon :master:. My retouch came out soft, silky, and my scalp was not burned. All the stylists had their had done so well that you knew it was part of their policy. I had gone to neighborhood stylists throughout my 20s and 30s. With my pleasant experience, my retouches will be done at JC Penneys from now on.

Last edited:

beans4reezy

Not sure if I understand the difference between a neighborhood salon and professional one. Would the professional ones be salons found in major chains like JC Penny's?

BellaBrittany

I also go to JC Penneys salon for my retouches and trims and I love it. (Im actually going tonight!) They use quality products and I like being about to buy most of the products they use. Another big thing for me was being able to get in and out in a timely manner, not sitting around for hours because the stylist has scheduled way too many people. To me, if im gonna spend the money to go to a salon i want a professional experience. :) that's my 2 cents!

Lovestyr

I choose a professional salon as well. It is a nice experience, but I do still go to my neighbirhood stylist when I want certain hair styles.

ceebee3

My stylist is a professional, she's in a neighborhood salon. I've been going to her for my touch-ups for years.

aa9746

I went to JCPenny when I had a relaxer a couple of years ago. I enjoyed the stability and service.:yep:

aa9746

I also go to JC Penneys salon for my retouches and trims and I love it. (Im actually going tonight!) They use quality products and I like being about to buy most of the products they use. Another big thing for me was being able to get in and out in a timely manner, not sitting around for hours because the stylist has scheduled way too many people. To me, if im gonna spend the money to go to a salon i want a professional experience. :) that's my 2 cents!

This was the very reason I went to JCPennys.

SherylsTresses

I paid $70 for my retouch. Overall I felt it was worth it. I told my stylist how I wanted my retouch done and she followed my (LHCF) instructions step-by-step and was not offended. :yep:

pookaloo83

I love JC Penny's. There isn't one here where I live now. But when I move back I'm definitely going back. I paid $35 for my retouch.