Need Relaxer = Itchy Scalp

newsgrl

Hello Ladies!
I was sitting here at my desk, patting my scalp, trying not to scratch it because I need a relaxer. It seems as if every eight weeks, like clockwork, my scalp starts to itch like crazy. Since I consider you ladies "hair scientists", I wanted to see if any of you knew a reason why this happens...what makes the scalp itch when you need a relaxer? Is it simply because hair is growing? Because if that was the case, why doesn't my scalp itch like crazy any other time? Your thoughts....

Platinum

I think it's Psychological.:grin: I say this because I go through the same thing.:yep: You know you're not supposed to scratch your scalp before a relaxer so for some reason, it decides to itch.:look: I wish I could give a better answer than that.

newsgrl

Thanks Platinum. I was thinking the same thing!

And for the record, I have been in love with Prince since 1984! Thanks for the little video clip. Even at 50, he still has swagger!

Platinum

Thanks Platinum. I was thinking the same thing!

And for the record, I have been in love with Prince since 1984! Thanks for the little video clip. Even at 50, he still has swagger!

I love Prince too. We was supposed to become my husband but I wonder how we would look together now. He's like 5' and I'm 6' tall.:grin:

ajoyfuljoy

My scalp is itching like crazy today and I just clarified two days ago! I'm supposed to relax Fri./Sat.

SmilingElephant

That happened to me too before i got my relaxer last month. I was about 4 or 5 weeks post....and my scalp stated hurting like crazy...not itching...hurting.

So i cowashed it and rinsed it back and forth with warm and cold water....next thing i knew...i was 12 wks post when i decided to relax.:yep:

Healthb4Length

I used to have this problem too, my scalp would be so sore and tender:perplexed and I'd look crazy patting my head all the time:lachen:. I find that shampooing every 3 days consistently has helped greatly to end this problem.