need PROTEIN CONDITIONER ASAP

isnatural4me

Hello Ladies:
I need to know the name of 3-5 protein conditioners. Preferably brands that I can find in a CVS or Rite Aid because I don't know that I have time to order anything or find a Sally. Is ORS REplenish Pak a protein or moisturizing conditioner?
Also, how often do i need to use a protein conditioner?

Thanks for any and all help in advance!

Nonie

I like Emergencee and Aubrey Organics GPB, but that doesn't mean they will tickle your fancy as they do mine. And I cannot answer the question on how often you should use protein. It depends on the state of your hair. Perhaps reading Macherieamour's articles on haircare might shed some light on this. She gives some 101 on conditioners and that may help you better understand your hair's needs and how often you'll need to use protein.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
ORS or Africa's Best Mayo (light proteins), Nexxus Emergencee, Nexxus Keraphix (these are more medium proteins. I think Emergencee is stronger)

If you live close to a Whole Foods or health food store, Aubrey Organic's GBP conditioner

Try looking in the phone book for a Sally's, they carry Motions CPR and Aphogee products. Aphogee 2 Step Reconstructor would be good to use often, and I've read nothing but raves for Aphgee Green Tea Reconstructing Leave-In Mist (or something like that!!!)

As far as how often you can use protein, it depends on the state of your hair and how tolerant your hair is of protein. Some people's hair loves and thrives off of protein. Others can only stand to use it once every two weeks to once a month. If your hair likes protein, you can use it once a week, if you want. Just keep track and pay attention to how your hair feels :yep:

Firefly

Mane N Tail is a great protein conditioner.

ITA with HairBarbie. This is a great mild to medium protein conditioner and can be used to condition, deep condition or as a leave-in. You can usually find this at any pharmacy. I use this straight for a leave-in and I use it mixed with peppermint oil, coconut oil, EVOO, SAA and Silicon Mix for my deep conditioning. I love it but you have to try different things to see what's right for you. My hair needs an even mix of protein and moisture so for my daily leave-in I use a moisturizing leave-in 2x a day.

Last edited: