Need help in Dallas!

Kismet79

Sorry for posting here ladies but I haven't received a response in the salon review forum.

I just moved to Dallas and I'm looking for a salon where I can get a blowout or one that specializes in natural hair care. Any suggestions?Please help a sister out. :drunk:

I know there are some and there is a list on another site BUT I haven't been to them personally and there aren't any follow up reviews. But I also want to know this as well.

Welcome to Dallas! Sorry I can't help but I wanted to add, if you find a salon please be careful on where you go. When I first moved here I had quite a few hair disasters at various salons.

Just wanted to say WELCOME TO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am transitioning right now so I don't have a salon to recommend. Hopefully when the time comes I will be able to find one in my area.

I went to one in North Dallas last week, per a recomm. in the salon forum........

Let's just say that I walked out with wet hair.:perplexed

But, I did talk to one stylist while on a walk for about an hour and she said all the same things that we talk about on the board, you should have seen my eyes light up. When I go, I will post a review

I have someone in mind. She doesn't specialize in natural hair, but her own hair is natural and I am sure she does great with natural hair. I will text her to be sure if you are interested. Let me know. :)

Welcome to DALLAS!! I think there is a salon in Irving that works with natural hair. It's called Pure and Healthy. Here's the link: http://web.mac.com/sharlenabell/Site/The_Salon.html
Please research it though because I have never been there and I don't know of anyone who has. I've been looking for a salon myself and came across this one. If you do go, please let me know how they are!!! Thx!!!

Welcome to DALLAS!! I think there is a salon in Irving that works with natural hair. It's called Pure and Healthy. Here's the link: http://web.mac.com/sharlenabell/Site/The_Salon.html
Please research it though because I have never been there and I don't know of anyone who has. I've been looking for a salon myself and came across this one. If you do go, please let me know how they are!!! Thx!!!

Sharlena is great...she did my hair for 2 years...when I went I was natural. She does a lot of natural ladies...most of them get their hair flat ironed. Her prices are listed on her website...she uses very good products as well. Currently I go to Good Hair Day Salon in Arlington. The website is www.goodhairday.net. She doesn't specialize in natural hair, but can definitely hook up your natural hair...very good products and prices...very good timing...by appt only...update us if you go to either one!

I have someone in mind. She doesn't specialize in natural hair, but her own hair is natural and I am sure she does great with natural hair. I will text her to be sure if you are interested. Let me know. :)

SuperGirl, send me her information. Thanks!

Thanks Supergirl. Yes, I am interested. Please give me the info.

I went to one in North Dallas last week, per a recomm. in the salon forum........

Let's just say that I walked out with wet hair.:perplexed

But, I did talk to one stylist while on a walk for about an hour and she said all the same things that we talk about on the board, you should have seen my eyes light up. When I go, I will post a review

What was the name of the salon? I checked out the salon recommendations too and was considering looking into two of them...Salon Onyx and Hands of Glory. Since there weren't many suggestions, which one of these two should I no longer consider? :perplexed

What was the name of the salon? I checked out the salon recommendations too and was considering looking into two of them...Salon Onyx and Hands of Glory. Since there weren't many suggestions, which one of these two should I no longer consider? :perplexed

It wasn't any of these two

Sorry, nothing to add as far as salon recommendations, but since you live in Dallas, check out the Nappiology MeetUp group. They are EXTREMELY active....I actually went hiking with them over the summer! Since you're new to town this might be a great way to meet like-minded folks and socialize:yep:

Welcome to Dallas

OMG, I know the owner of Good Hair Day Salon! She's my best friends from college's sister! LaTarah is an awesome person, has always had awesome hair and is sweet and pie. I knew she planned to pen a salon after the finished beauty school, but I didn't know she was already operational.

Sharlena is great...she did my hair for 2 years...when I went I was natural. She does a lot of natural ladies...most of them get their hair flat ironed. Her prices are listed on her website...she uses very good products as well. Currently I go to Good Hair Day Salon in Arlington. The website is www.goodhairday.net. She doesn't specialize in natural hair, but can definitely hook up your natural hair...very good products and prices...very good timing...by appt only...update us if you go to either one!

I spoke with LaTarah thru an email consultation. She was very nice. I'm currently trying to stretch 16 weeks (I"ll be 11 weeks post this Friday!!:grin:) and I need someone who is not afraid of excessive new growth!!! I'll have to reconsider her since you like her. Hmmmm........decisions, decisions!!!

Hi, I went to http://www.anitamurrayhairdesigner.com/ to get a haircut and adeep conditioning (I have natural hair as well) in March of this year (I think that's right). Now while I will say my hair came out GREAT. I would never have them wash my hair again or I would be more vocal. The chick that washed my hair used a rat tail comb on my hair. Not to section it off mind you....but to COMB my hair. So if I decided to go it would be for a trim and a style on my already co-washed hair. Oh and its not the biggest place either. I would either go as the first appointment or last appointment. Oh, I should say this is somewhere in Dallas. I live in the Frisco area so it seemed far to me!!

Also, a friend of mine recently told me her stylist does natural hair. But, she didn't know if she just did blow outs or if she styled the hair in its natural state. I had forgotten all about it until I saw this post. I just got her name and number and left a voicemail since she didn't answer. I will let you know what she says or if you want I can give you her information.

^^^I've looked into that salon a time or 2. She's in Hurst which is closer to Fort Worth. Close to me, but far from Frisco.

I spoke with LaTarah thru an email consultation. She was very nice. I'm currently trying to stretch 16 weeks (I"ll be 11 weeks post this Friday!!:grin:) and I need someone who is not afraid of excessive new growth!!! I'll have to reconsider her since you like her. Hmmmm........decisions, decisions!!!

pDub..you should try her out. She can flat iron like nobody's business, your hair will look and feel like you had a fresh relaxer!! And she never pressures you to have a relaxer done either, which is rare.

pDub..you should try her out. She can flat iron like nobody's business, your hair will look and feel like you had a fresh relaxer!! And she never pressures you to have a relaxer done either, which is rare.

Now I'm thinking I want to stretch 24 weeks instead of the 16 I originally planned. I may need to see her around week 16 in case my new growth starts to get out of my control. So far it's behaving very well!! I don't use heat because I'm trying to retain as much growth as possible. And since I put heat on hiatus, I seem to be retaining all my length since I started my HHJ in February of this year. My goal is to be full shoulder length (from full neck length) by the end of this year. I think it's going to happen!!

Anyway, I digress!! I'm going to check her out. I've self relaxed in the past but this time I want to go to the salon. Thanks for the recommendation!!! :grin:

OP, what area of Dallas are you in? I have a couple of people, depending on where you are or where you want to drive?

I've also been to Pure & Healthy Hair in Irving years ago when I was relaxed. Not sure if the stylist, Chick, is still there but she was absolutely wonderful! I never got as many compliments on my hair as I did when she layered it.

OP, what area of Dallas are you in? I have a couple of people, depending on where you are or where you want to drive?

I've also been to Pure & Healthy Hair in Irving years ago when I was relaxed. Not sure if the stylist, Chick, is still there but she was absolutely wonderful! I never got as many compliments on my hair as I did when she layered it.

Hey Qurlyqt,

I'm close to downtown Dallas, by White Rock Lake. I am not afraid of driving to a good stylist. :yep: Please share.

My stylist, Naylan, is in Plano. She's 100% natural and is walking me through my transition. She focuses on healthy hair and I've never seen a bad head of hair walk out the door.

Check out her website. She has lots of pictures posted. http://www.salondelta.com/

Happy salon shopping :)

Back