Need advice on Relaxer!

Falon

O.K i'm at week 6 and things are getting a bit thick. I can last 2 or 3 more weeks but I'm afraid to relax my hair!

My story in a nutshell is i had bad stylist who loved to overlap the relaxer and she also overprocesses use fine tooth combs etc. Last relaxer I said that's it I'm done. I joined LHCF got the Cathy Howse book and I'm doing so much better on my own.

But how am I going to get this hair relaxed? I use to do my own relaxers w/ Dark n Lovely no lye. My hair grew and then I thought "Gee, I should let a pro do this and that was the start of my troubles." FF to last year when I decided to go back to relaxing after I had my fro for a while and that is how I ended up w/ the wench I told you about at the beginning of the post. She used Lye relaxer I know that much cuz I know she never mixed it but that is it.

What to do? I'm tempted to do it myself. I know how to and frankly my hair looked better when I use to do it anyway but can I go back to no lye after using lye? Plus I'm scared cuz I know the consequences of one bad relaxer can last a year or two.

I want to go to a hairdresser but I'm afraid of getting a bad relaxer overprocessing and overlapping especially. I'm working too hard and spending too much dough on products to let someone mess it up. I really would beat a b@t$ down if she messed up my hair at this point and I mean it.

Any advice? Someone please, if you've been in the same situation how did you handle it?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
You should do it yourself!

I dont think it was the lye relaxer she used on your head that messed your hair up...I think it was just her solely as a bad stylist!

I use Elasta QP and its a lye relaxer and my mom relaxes my hair and Ive had great results (when I was younger, my mom used to always relax hair thats already been relaxed and my hair never messed up and still grew long
...but I guess that is all based on everyones hair texture).

I would trust myself than a hair stylist who doesnt know about your hair like u do

Neen

You should do it yourself . My mom had the same problem as you. When she did her own relaxers her hair was the longest it had ever been. But I would stick with the lye relaxer because it is less drying and follow up with a good protein treatment. I agree with Poohbear...the Elasta relaxer is a good one