Need advice ladies...Mother needs a good permanent dye to cover grey

Empress Yahudah

My mother is giving up the rinse and is looking for a good permanent color to color her hair with.
Need a permanent color that doesnt have ammonia or peroxide and that covers the grey

keluric

Co-signing on Bigen. I personally use henna and indigo but I know several people who like Bigen.

ChocalateDiva

Bigen dryed the crap out of several ppl in my familys hair.

I used Color Showers, its not permanent but it is very good and lasts a very longtime.

ddean

I've used Bigen with good results. I have a few gray strands, and they were covered with no problem.

Empress Yahudah

Bump!!

Thanx ladies ... Ive been eyeing Bigen but that has peroxide in it so it threw me off. But I have heard good thing about so hmmmm...
ChocalateDiva.....Is there bleeding/staining on ur hands/nails with Color Showers like when u moisturized ur dry hair

ChocalateDiva

I have not had any staining on my clothes, hands or anything. It is made with Olive Oil and that really turns me on:grin:. Is your mother relaxed? If so, please have her reconsider the permanent hair color. It will be murder on the hair................I know- from experience. :pullhair:

BTW- I have two boxes of Bigen that I bought b4 I decided against it. The are black. She can have them if that is a color that she would like.
Lemme know.

Last edited:

Empress Yahudah

I have not had any staining on my clothes, hands or anything. It is made with Olive Oil and that really turns me on:grin:. Is your mother relaxed? If so, please have her reconsider the permanent hair color. It will be murder on the hair................I know- from experience. :pullhair:

BTW- I have two boxes of Bigen that I bought b4 I decided against it. The are black. She can have them if that is a color that she would like.
Lemme know.

Yes she is relaxed too with alot of grey I thought that maybe there was a permanent color out there that doesnt have the ammonia or peroxide. Trust I know all to well about ammonia and peroxide dyes im lucky to have hair left my hair in January was a mess:perplexed But thats good to know that the Color Showers doesnt bleed... I'll get on that....thanx a bunch:grin:

Miss*Tress

She might want to consider a henna and indigo combo. Depending on how much indigo used, hair can go from medium brown to deepest black. Henna has the added benefit of strengthening hair, unlike synthetic dyes.

Empress Yahudah

She might want to consider a henna and indigo combo. Depending on how much indigo used, hair can go from medium brown to deepest black. Henna has the added benefit of strengthening hair, unlike synthetic dyes.

I know.. I use henna,indigo and amla and suggested that to her but she wants something more simple

Thanx ladies for ur suggestions :blowkiss:
I'll ran by Bigen and Color Showers to her and she will try Color Showers and see how she likes it. If she doesnt then she'll give Bigen a try