Need Advice For The "Frizzies"

sunnydey

Need Advice For The \"Frizzies\"

Hi ladies.
wave.gif

I need you guys' help and suggestions on how to prevent frizzy hair. I have relaxed hair and I am almost 12 weeks post-relaxer. I went to the hair salon this past weekend and had the blowout style done. Now it seems like this Georgia heat and humidity is making my ends look really frizzy.
nono.gif
I want to know what do you ladies use to prevent the " frizzies ." I don't like the way the " frizzies " make my hair look. Can you guys offer some helpful hints and products that I can use to prevent the frizzy hair? Also please include whether the product can be used on wet or dry hair.

A friend's hairstylist suggested I use a Frizz-Ease product. Is this a good product to use to prevent the frizzies? Is it a serum? How do you use it on your hair? Do you use it on dry hair only or wet hair only or both? How often do you use it?

TIA,
sunnydey
Rose.gif

Re: Need Advice For The \"Frizzies\"

I like Aveda's Anti-Humectant Pomade on dry hair. A serum sounds like a good idea as well.

<font color="purple">ITA. The best serums IMO happen to be NTM Serum and L'Oreal Vive Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum. I use it on both wet hair after applying my leave-in and oil, and on dry hair to combat the frizzies. It made my hair smooth and less frizzy. I would recomend both of them, even though I haven't tried the Neutrogena serum yet. I'm just happy with what works with my hair. </font>

love.gif
Silk Elements Glossing Polish works WONDERS!!!
love.gif

Poohbear, I might have to try that silk elements polish bc I think it could be a replacement for my straight request glossing polish, that I paid $20 for a small bottle. Its like keracare silk n seal but its more concentrated, the stylist suggested it to me when I went to purchase the keracare. I really like it but I know I cant afford to buy that all the time. Ive been using it sparingly but its great! too bad its so expensive!

The Straight Request Polish REALLY works wonders for my frizzies. Ive experimented a few times to see if it really makes a different whether I use it or not and it DOES. It looks 10 times better when I use the polish and even without heat it looks good. If I were to use it with a blow dryer or flat iron it would look even silkier and shinier but Im being a good girl and not using heat....

Thank you to everyone who responded. I will definitely try your suggestions. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
notworthy.gif

Thanks,
sunnydey
Rose.gif

Hi BabyCurls!
I forgot to ask where exactly do you purchase the NTM Serum and the L'Oreal Vive Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum? I went to Walgreen's yesterday and was unable to find either of these.

TIA,
sunnydey
Rose.gif

Poohbear,
Where do you purchase the Silk Elements Glossing Polish ? I checked out Sally's Beauty website and found it on there. Can you purchase it at other stores? If so, which ones?

TIA,
sunnydey
Rose.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sunnydey said:
...where exactly do you purchase the NTM Serum and the L'Oreal Vive Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum? I went to Walgreen's yesterday and was unable to find either of these.

TIA,
sunnydey
Rose.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Walmart or Target
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sunnydey said:
Poohbear,
Where do you purchase the Silk Elements Glossing Polish ? I checked out Sally's Beauty website and found it on there. Can you purchase it at other stores? If so, which ones?

TIA,
sunnydey
Rose.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly where I got mine...at Sally's. I havent seen it anywhere else...I never thought to look anywhere else though...
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
Poohbear, I might have to try that silk elements polish bc I think it could be a replacement for my straight request glossing polish, that I paid $20 for a small bottle. Its like keracare silk n seal but its more concentrated, the stylist suggested it to me when I went to purchase the keracare. I really like it but I know I cant afford to buy that all the time. Ive been using it sparingly but its great! too bad its so expensive!

The Straight Request Polish REALLY works wonders for my frizzies. Ive experimented a few times to see if it really makes a different whether I use it or not and it DOES. It looks 10 times better when I use the polish and even without heat it looks good. If I were to use it with a blow dryer or flat iron it would look even silkier and shinier but Im being a good girl and not using heat....

[/ QUOTE ]

I got Silk Elements Glossing Polish when it was on sale for $4.99. It's originally $5.99.

Try Walmart or Target
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks SeattleLite! I will try one of these stores.

sunnydey
Rose.gif

That's exactly where I got mine...at Sally's. I havent seen it anywhere else...I never thought to look anywhere else though...
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Poohbear! I found it at Sally's.
sunnydey
Rose.gif

Back