Need a place in NY to buy curly human hair for braiding...and not spend too much???

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

It's coming up on the time of my stretch when I braid it up. I'm about 8 weeks post. I want to braid for 6-8 weeks.

I need a place in NY preferably Manhattan to buy curly human hair (not wet and wavy) to braid with. In my album you can see braids I had last summer were curly...I bought the hair at adorables. I loved the hair...but not sure I want to spend over $200 again buying hair. I would like either a spanish curly or french refined or deep wave look. I plan to do the same color. I hope the hair doesn't tangle too much either.

Anyway help me out with suggestions of where to go. Also let me know how much on average the hair is.

Thanks

Rabia :)

BamaBelle

There is a pretty extensive bss on 125th Street at 8th Av (near the A & D trains), next to a braiding spot (don't let the women in the train station whispering, "braiding, braiding" frighten you... or the one's in the braiding spot banging on the window as you pass... :lol: ). It's across from Bank of America, Old Navy, and Magic Johnson Theaters. They have a large selection of hair, braiding and weaving, human and synthetic. I do hope this is helpful... If you don't like the selection there, by the way, walk down 125th Street and browse: there are a number of bss and wig stores on the Avenue.

RabiaElaine

BamaBelle said:
There is a pretty extensive bss on 125th Street at 8th Av (near the A & D trains), next to a braiding spot (don't let the women in the train station whispering, "braiding, braiding" frighten you... or the one's in the braiding spot banging on the window as you pass... :lol: ). It's across from Bank of America, Old Navy, and Magic Johnson Theaters. They have a large selection of hair, braiding and weaving, human and synthetic. I do hope this is helpful... If you don't like the selection there, by the way, walk down 125th Street and browse: there are a number of bss and wig stores on the Avenue.

Thanks girlie for the suggestion...I may take a trip up there this afternoon as long as it's not raining.

Any other suggestions are appreciated as well :)

cutebajangirl

Hey I posted in this topic already.:mad:

Anyway what I said was if cost is not a factor and you dont need more than 18 inches then you can buy the Sensationnel Goddess REmy french Refined in the store mentioned above by BammaBelle for 70/pack. Tina has a deep wave that looks similar for about 24/pack for 18 inches. I only see Tina hair though in BK. HTH.

RabiaElaine

cutebajangirl said:
Hey I posted in this topic already.:mad:

Anyway what I said was if cost is not a factor and you dont need more than 18 inches then you can buy the Sensationnel Goddess REmy french Refined in the store mentioned above by BammaBelle for 70/pack. Tina has a deep wave that looks similar for about 24/pack for 18 inches. I only see Tina hair though in BK. HTH.

HMMMM...How many packs on average would I need? Do you know if either one of these tangle??

RabiaElaine

BamaBelle said:

:lachen: I forgot to laugh at this. The last time I went uptown to get my hair braided was in college and I made the mistake of wearing my huge fro outside. I was nearly attacked by braiders as I exited the subway. The same thing might happen today due to my texlaxed hair and 8 weeks of new growth. They were bargaining prices with me and I didn't even open my mouth. I still went and got my hair braided by the braider I was loyal to at the time. This time I'll just tell them I'm doing it myself and that they should move on to the next innocent subway rider! :))

BamaBelle

Although, the in-the-trainstation-bargaining can be helpful in that if you don't have any idea how much to pay your braider for the style you want... You can get a general idea of cost from the trainstation sisters and move on to whoever you were going to to begin with! That's wrong, isn't it?