Neck Burns from MTG/Sulphur?? (pics) HELP MEEE!!!!

Endlesslegs

DO NOT QUOTE MY PICTURES PLEASE, iM SORRY THEY ARE SO BIG

omg ladies Im so upset! I finally figured out the cause of the burn marks on my neck! over the past week I noticed some bright red marks on my neck and collar bone, I was petrified it was ezcema but Ive never had that before. It stings so bad, especially when having a shower and today I accidentally sprayed perfume on it by accident :cry3::cry:

I went to the Pharmacist today cuz my G.P was not open and she said I may have had an allergic reaction:perplexed Then I couldnt for the life of me think what I had introduced to my beauty regime lately, the newest thing Ive been using this past week is Vitamin E oil in my shea butter cream how can that burn?:whyme:

ANyway I sat down to oil my hair before bed and I felt stinging, and the penny dropped! It must be my sulphur mix ie MTG!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

It ruined most of my jewelly and now my neck, Im sooooo mad:cry:

i JUST TOOK PICTURES AND iM SO UPSET!!! iM BAWLING!!! WHAT IS THIS???!!! HELP MEEEE!!! WHAT CAN I DO???

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE MY PICTURES

beFORE lAST WEEK OR SO, IM IN THE MIDDLE, nO MARKS WHATSOEVER

NOW LITERALLY 5 MINS AGO

Last edited:

Lute

Decrease the size of your photos. Please

Its very difficult to see whats going on.

morehairplease

wow, sweetie your skin is definately irraited. It looks like you had an allergic reaction to the mtg/sulphur. This happened to me when I used the original mtg and I let that stuff go so fast.

Mook's hair

You're allergic. :grouphug:

First thing, Stop using it and Wash your hair thoroughly. Also be sure to wash combs, brushes pillow cases and any headbands or scarves that it might have gotten on.
:bighug:
It probably got on the collars of some of your clothes too so be sure to clean everything.

I'm not allergic and have never had this issue but I see you bumping and desperate for help and I feel for you so I'm trying....
:hug2:
That second photo is too blurry to see. take another one and pm it to me and I'll make it smaller for you so that you can post it without a problem.

I think you need to nurse the area with aloe and shea butter.
Maybe Dove soap.

Don't scratch.

It'll get better. you just have to give it some time & TLC.

Endlesslegs

Thank you...Has this happened to anyone else? like I siad its been hurting for a few days but I didnt know it was MTG, its past 1 am here and I cant sleep, my neck stings so bad and I just got out of the shower :(. its strange my body has never been sensitive to anything :(

DeepBluSea

I would do as Mook suggested. Buy some aloe vera gel. It helps soothes/heal burns. Go see your GP ASAP to see if he/she would recommend anything else.

Amber_moon

This JUST happened to me last week. It came out of nowhere too, my entire scalp was burning and stinging like somebody had put a relaxer on there and just left it.

It was red and tingling.

I just figured it must be because I was allergic to the sulfur. I washed it out like three times (even after I washed it out it still stung for a day or so) and then it got better, my scalp went back to normal and it was all good.

But Ill never be using anything with sulfur again. LOL.

Gently wash your neck and get some hydroquarterzone cream (sp?) or aloe gel and use that. Itll help ALOT

Endlesslegs

Thank you guys so much for responding,I really appreciate it. Im going to have to bear this pain till monday because I wont be able to get an appointment at the GP till then (Im at uni and they take forever). I could go to accident and Emergency but how do I explain Ive been putting Horse oil on my hair? :(:lachen::blush:

I need something I can go to the pharmacy and buy...so Aloe vera? Ive got shea butter at home too. thanks u guys are lifesavers

jevetta

It is probably the SULFUR mixture. Sulfur allergies are extremely common. See your physician, tell him/her you had a reaction to sulfur and put that in your medical chart. You will need to avoid sulfa containing antibiotics in the future. Pick up some hydrocortisone cream at the pharmacy to control the irritation. Don't worry it will get better. Your hair is gorgeous. Jeve

nakialovesshoes

This JUST happened to me last week. It came out of nowhere too, my entire scalp was burning and stinging like somebody had put a relaxer on there and just left it.

It was red and tingling.

I just figured it must be because I was allergic to the sulfur. I washed it out like three times (even after I washed it out it still stung for a day or so) and then it got better, my scalp went back to normal and it was all good.

But Ill never be using anything with sulfur again. LOL.

Gently wash your neck and get some hydroquarterzone cream (sp?) or aloe gel and use that. Itll help ALOT

I was going to suggest this as well - hydrocortisone is the correct spelling, I think.

nakialovesshoes

It is probably the SULFUR mixture. Sulfur allergies are extremely common. See your physician, tell him/her you had a reaction to sulfur and put that in your medical chart. You will need to avoid sulfa containing antibiotics in the future. Pick up some hydrocortisone cream at the pharmacy to control the irritation. Don't worry it will get better. Your hair is gorgeous. Jeve

Perhaps this doesn't apply in all cases. I am allergic to sulfa, the drug but I can use it externally & I can even take MSM w/no problems.

SugarBaby

Sorry to hear....MTG is a Mutha...But it works. Although the stinging and burning have subsided for me, it took almost a year to use it w/o it running down my neck. Now I am a pro. :grin:

Try pure Glycerin in the Drugstore or Walmart, it will get better, it will just be very uncomfortable for a while.