Naturals who press their hair

angaliquew

How do you keep your ends moisturized while you wear your hair straight. I would like to keep my press for at least two weeks but want to keep my ends moisturized without them frizzing back up. Please provide any product recommendations. :)

I mix coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil together in a little bottle and use that. Works like a miracle. :yep:

If I think my ends need some extra help, I will add some creamy leave-in (I currently use Lacio-Lacio) a tiiiny bit at a time and seal with my oil mix before I put it up for bed at night. HTH!

I get my hair straightened every two weeks. At home I put african pride braid spray (not close spray but a mist) and a little coconut oil wrap it or roll it and my slik scarf that works for the whole two weeks.

How do you keep your ends moisturized while you wear your hair straight. I would like to keep my press for at least two weeks but want to keep my ends moisturized without them frizzing back up. Please provide any product recommendations. :)

:perplexed I wish I could be of help but my hair is oily that I can't keep my presses anymore than a week even though I pincurl it . I think that the cocnut oil is a great idea though as it is very light and a little goes a long way. Afroveda shea alma hair butter might work for ya they have a sample set with 4 diffrent butters for $20. It has shea and castor oil in it but its not heavy or greasy and I don't think it would make your hair revert either.

Coconut oil most definitely...

@PrincessLinzz most people get their shea butter online (although I recently saw some at the BSS, go figure) and coconut oil can be purchased at many grocery stores.

Back