Naturals what is your hair length when stretched?

Do u think it's necessary to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The back falls to the end of my neck. The front between my nose and my top lip. The sides are past my ears

Great thread....

In the back, my hair stretches to my shoulders. (about 8 inches)
In the front, it stretches to the bottom of my chin. (about 9 inches)
In the crown, it stretches a little past my ears.
(about 10 inches)

I want my hair to get long enough so that I can put my twists in a bun. That will keep me from pulling on them every 5 minutes to see if my hair has grown.

I took out my twists the other day and put my hair in 5 flat twists until wash day tomorrow. Flat twists are a great way to keep my hands out my head.

-Ebony

My front nearly reaches my nose. My sides stretch past my jawline an inch past my neck. My back hair reaches past my shoulder on my shoulder blades, also my back hair is not far from my collar bone.

approx 1-2 inches from brastrap. I always at minimum shoulder length hair. My hair grows like water. If I cut it, it races to get back to its previous length.

Re: Naturals what is your hair length when stretch

armpit to bra strap.

My hair is different lengths throughout but most of it falls within this range.

The hair at the back of my head is brastrap length, but the top of head and sides are about 2 inches longer than shoulder length.

The back stretches to a couple inches above brastrap (I think my brastrap keeps getting lower & lower that's why I still haven't reached it...LOL).

The sides stretch to approx 2 inches below collarbone.

The front/top stretches to approx 3 inches below my chin.

the back is a few inches past the shoulders blow dried probably a few more pressed or stretched, I grew out my perm last year and chopped this year. my hair is 6-8 inches all around the longest part being at the top of my head

Armpit to brastrap......it's about to get shorter, though b/c I really want a hair cut.

Armpit to bra strap Bangs are to my collar bone, top is armpit, back is bra strap

the back is at the end of my neck, the sides are past my ears but before my chin and the front is almost to the end of my nose

Mine is bra strap in the back, bottom layer. Top layer at shoulder length and the middle layer is somewhere in between.
wink.gif

The back reaches a little past my collarbone and the shortest lengths touch my chin. I have been fully natural since Feb. 2009

I'm growing out layers, but I'm a bit past armpit in the front and at brastrap length in the back. What used to be my bangs are just past jaw length.

But my shrinkage is BANANAS! Hoping to be BSL in the front/WL in the back in 2012... and EVENTUALLY to be fully WL once all of my layers grow out.

This is from almost a year ago and my hair is longer than this now, but just to show you what I'm working with - here's a half and half shot:
10172010.jpg

My hair is 2 inches from WL stretched, but if I allow it to fully shrink it will be chin length! Afro textured hair is really amazing!!!

my hair is shoulder length with the shrinkage blown out its bsl.....i get it dusted and flat-ironed about every 6 months and i am always in awe. ladies like empressri and BostonMaria shrink up to sl and are wsl to hl stretched/straightened.

my hair is shoulder length with the shrinkage blown out its bsl.....i get it dusted and flat-ironed about every 6 months and i am always in awe. ladies like @empressri and @BostonMaria shrink up to sl and are wsl to hl stretched/straightened.

Yeah rub it in will ya :lachen:
Yup it shrinks to SL. Thank God I'm a girl and its just hair and not a paynus shrinking up LOLOLOLOL

Yeah rub it in will ya :lachen:
Yup it shrinks to SL. Thank God I'm a girl and its just hair and not a paynus shrinking up LOLOLOLOL

BostonMaria
empressri

both of you ladies are my hairspiration....i can't wait till my stretched hair is at waist hip or tailbone length.:yep: i'm trying to make peace with the fact that shrinkage, like being a protective style of sorts that leads to mucho retention....that my hair is magical:look:.

The back is about 2 inches past that bone in the neck :lol: part of the back reaches CBL and if I stretch the sides it just hover over CBL. 1/2 more and it will be CBL. The front comes down to my lips.

I'm about six and a half inches when stretched. I chopped to less than half an inch. I've been natural for a year and a month.

In the front my hair is collarbone length stretched
In the back it's APL stretched (hoping it's a little longer on my next length check) :grin:

I've been natural this time around for 2 years and 2 months (had previously been natural for 4 years before texlaxing in 2008)

My hair is uneven because I kept chopping the front off thinking the ends were relaxed or heat damaged. Turns out they just grow in a lot looser than the back. Who knew? At any rate, my hair is armpit length at it's longest, which is the back and sides. It's about a little past chin length in the very front.

Sides and back: just below my shoulder blades. Front: below my chin. I am 5'9 and have a very long neck but I dont' know what these measurements would be in inches.

Back