Naturals & transitioners who flat iron.

C

cieramichele

Do you use a certain temperature to keep it from reverting over time?
Do the heat protectants save your hair from reverting?

I would like to flat iron but...I dont want to sacrifice my new coils. :nono:

If I'm flat ironing I can tell the temperature if I am traditional pressing I "guestimate" based on practice.

I don't thinks it's the protectants per see as much as the technique because I switch up protectants from time to time and get similar results. To keep my hair from reverting I am just very very particular about the conditions my hair is exposed to while I am "holding the press".

It should be pretty easy to flat iron your hair straight without damaging it especially if you have knowledge on what your doing and this is the first time your doing it. Still, I always say when in doubt find someone you trust to show you how. IN PERSON. A good teacher always beats trial and error.

Im technique is great but, which temperature do you use?

I use a very high temperature on my particular flat iron, but I dont have a superhot flatiron. (I don't have a chi or maxi, etc.) I just have a jilere from Sally's.

I use a very high temperature on my particular flat iron, but I dont have a superhot flatiron. (I don't have a chi or maxi, etc.) I just have a jilere from Sally's.

Whats your hair status?

Back