Naturals that frequently cowash.....

FtrDrO

How do you cowash to minimize tangles, if you don't detangle? And What do you do after cowashing? I usually just let my hair airdry and just wear a fro. But I was wondering if there are any other things that you do after cowashing multiple times/week. Tia!

What i do is use my fingers in the shower with loads of conditioner in my hair and I then use i wide toothed comb to distribute the conditioner.
When rinsing out my hair doesn't tangle.

When i'm out of the shower i put my hair into four buns (folding over the ends) and airdry, i'm a major fan of this.

I don't detangle when I cowash I put the conditioner in my hair, rinse, and then put a little in as a leave in and airdry.. sometimes I wear a fro sometimes I wear it "down" I found that it depends how I flip my my hair after putting conditioner in it and it kinda stays that way.. HTH

I don't use a comb when I cowash, I just use my fingers to distribute the conditioner. After rinsing, I put in some leave in conditioner and IC Fantasia Gel and sit under the dryer or let it air dry if I'm leaving the house. If I'm not going anywhere, I just add the leave in and let it airdry. I usually wear a headband everyday.

I dont detangle with a comb I just use my fingers with a lot of conditioner and rinse out. Sometimes I use Kinky curly, somedays I just leave a lil conditioner in and use either IC fantasia gel or eco styler. Once a week I use my denman to remove shed hair. I think it all depends on whether you are prone to tangles/knots. I have to co-wash daily cause if I don't my hair is all stuck to my head in the morning. lol

Pre-poo oiling, deep conditioning a lot and YES...finger combing and using my hands for ends separation has helped me a lot.

I co-wash daily and I use a comb when my hair is covered in conditioner to detangle and then rinse that out. I usually don't have to detangle again and I do not lose much hair in the process. I just pik my hair out, apply shea butter and coconut oil. I wear my fro with a headband.

I co wash with a load of conditioner and detangle with my fingers. then rinse and put in a leave in, moisturize and seal with coconut oil. Take my boar bristle brush and brush the front back and wear a puff or i twist or finger curl.

I don't detangle when I cowash I put the conditioner in my hair, rinse, and then put a little in as a leave in and airdry.. sometimes I wear a fro sometimes I wear it "down" I found that it depends how I flip my my hair after putting conditioner in it and it kinda stays that way.. HTH
ME TOO! my WNG yesterday was the bomb because i cowashed under the running faucet in the bathtub, and when i took the towel off my hair just fell so nicely...LOL

i have a shower comb that i use maybe 1 or 2 days out of the week. i use my denman on wash day. i do WNGs, big fat twists, fold-under buns, french braids, and the SouthernTease bun on my freshly cowashed hair.

The only thing that helps cmbat my tangles are my ayurveda paste mixed w/oils & conditioner. It allows me to finger comb & undo the tangles w/minimal problem.

Sometimes I spray it with water first and finger or comb detangle, then put my hair in big braids then wash.

Back