Naturals that do corn row twist outs!!!

ladyfay

Hey ladies,

I never done the corn row twist outs, but I would like to know how long does it last. My stylist is trying to convince me to try it. I'm just use to getting my hair straighten every 2-3 weeks. By the way, what do you do at night to the hair?

Any comments and statements are welcomed!

Last edited:

Nonie

When you say cornrow twist-out, do you mean a twist-out created from wearing flat-twists, as shown in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j59pIQWPdg

I have never done flat twists so can't shed any light on the topic. Just wanted to understand your question so I can follow the discussion. TIA

ladyfay

Nonia you are the internet of all answers. I mean that in a good way! Yeah, its the flat twist. I watched all the videos which were very informative, but didn't hear how long the hair style will last. I know one person re-twist everynight, but was looking for someone who didn't re-twist and just used a scarf, etc.

Soliel185

I get 4-6 days out of mine.

At night I flip my head upside down and wrap a scarf around it so my hair sticks straight up like a rooster comb :look:. Not the sessiest thing ever, but it works. :lachen:

In the morning I spritz with my moisture mix ( you can use braid spray or even plain water - whatever you like) shake/fluff it out and go. It gets bigger and bigger by the day. :lick:

lilsparkle825

this is my preferred twistout method.

i do 5 flat twists, either on wet cowashed hair using HE Hello Hydration or some other conditioner as a leave-in, or on dry hair soaked in HE Hello Hydration. I let them dry overnight, and in the morning I have chunky spiral curls. they last me about 4 days. i try not to go longer than that without cowashing again and detangling. at night, i just put on a satin bonnet.

more pics here: http://public.fotki.com/lilsparkle825/au-naturel/mama-i-made-it-june/page2.html

BlackMasterPiece

I love flat-twist outs the style is wonderful...you get defined curls with no heat and you're suspending your hair in a detangled state....its a win win.

The only issue for me is once my hair got long this look doesn't last long on me at all......I love the hugeness of my fro styles but its kinda impossible to sleep on and maintain the look because theres just so much of it and the curls int the front lose their definition...this style lasts me about 3-4 days before I gotta pack it in....but I adore the look and do it several times in the warmer months every year as short lived as it is I love to do it.

Here are some flat-twist out looks I've done

(as you can see it touches my shoulder curly now):grin: