naturals: no poo question

aka

Hi,

I've currently got 3 inches of type 4 (I think) natural hair. I was wondering about the no poo method in conjunction with ACV. . . what is the order of doing things? ACV first, then condition wash or the other way around? If I do the ACV last, do I rinse it out with water or leave it in? What about the times when I deep condition or do a hot oil treatment (which I do every 2-3 weeks)?

This is an exciting journey for me bc I was locked for years, my hair was down my back and I wore it in a lot of different styles. Now I'm "free form" and can't wait to get some length so that I can wear a whole lotta new styles.

Thanks.

OnceUponAtime

Hi AKA.

I'm a transitioner, and this is how I incorporate ACV, conditioners and hot oil treatments:

I do shampoo when I feel it's needed (but I've gone weeks without at times), but my normal routine is to rinse with baking soda and water in place of poo to reduce any product build up, then hot oil treatment to add moisture back to my hair, then conditioner wash, then ACV rinse (to close the cuticle).

I hope that helps.

gabrielle2

not an acv rinser here..but what i have read others do from another hair site is do it as a final rinse. (no washing out)

i try to do a deep condition at least 2 times a month. now that i am out on summer vacation (YAY) and will not be returning back to work until aug..along with gas prices being so high..I WILL BE AT THE HOUSE (unless at church or working out) i am wearing braids (my own natural hair) during the week..braid out for the weekend..wash deep condition..repeat braids..