Naturals: Do you experience SOME form of breakage?

What kind of breakage do you experience

• None

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Just some strands

Votes: 79 53.4%
  • A fair amount

Votes: 46 31.1%
  • A lot

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always have at least a little, no matter what my regimen is. As long as it isn't increasing, I just don't worry about it.

I'VE NOTICED THAT I HAVE LOTS OF SHEDING THAT WRAPS AROUND MY HAIR. WHEN I GO TO DETANGLE OR CO-WASH MY HAIR, I SOMETIMES BREAK IT OFF. OVERALL I HAVE HEALTHY HAIR. I THINK SOME BREAKAGE IS ROUTINE FOR ME

Every now and again, I actually pay attention to the amount of breakage I have and it freaks me out :sad:. It's just that I keep hearing about this magical land where hair never breakages and locks flow long/big and soft :fairy: and I just want to get there. I have to sit myself down and take a good look at my hair, and remember that these little coils are friendly little suckers and will wrap around anything. There's only so much I can do about that.

As others have mentioned, I think some breakage is normal. I have very little breakage and most hair that comes out is shed hair.

As others have mentioned, I think some breakage is normal. I have very little breakage and most hair that comes out is shed hair.

Along with the usual amount of shed hairs, I also get at least 3-5 hairs which are obviously broken. They're normally no more than 1-2 inches long.

Definitely not a big deal and it's nothing like the breakage I used to see while I was relaxed.

I always condition my hair with a combo of protein and moisturizing conditioners and use Aphogee 2-step every 3-4 months as a preventative measure.

I think some breakage is perfectly normal but would keep an eye on it. Adjust your products and (especially) your hair handling techniques if it worsens in any way.

Just some breakage but I find that happens mostly when I am impatient while detangling. This hardly ever happens when I take my time with my little babies. When I see any type of breakage now, I breathe deeply, slow down my detangling efforts and really take my time.

I have to respond none. Not because I am lucky or anything. I just work it from the inside out. I take gralic, vitamin B 100, flaxseed, chlorella and biotin daily. I know it sounds like alot but it is working for me very welll. I got my hair cut 3 months age and it is growing just fine. My ends are fab. I told my stylist I do not plan on cuttin gthem until the end of the year I just took and install down and I did shed hair but breakage is minimal. I exercise, watch my diet (even though I celebrated Labor day today) and drink more water than ever in my life my hair is thriving and I look and feel great. IMHO

I rarely had any breakage this year until last month. I was also having issues with SSKs too. oil rinses with Amla oil seems to be getting the breakage and SSKs under control. I had almost no breakage this month.

Yes. It's inevitable. I've heard pieces of hair snap from the wind blowing on it too hard. As long as it's not excessive breakage I don't worry about it.

For the most part, I never have breakage. If my hair doesn't like a certain product, sometimes it does happen more at that particular time then on a daily or weekly basis.

eh, I voted a fair amount..and I do... I know my reasoning tho.... I'm not the most consistent with braiding up my hair and not sleeping with it loose .., never been a huge fan of PS.. every now n then i'll do it, so my hair is usually out..and I'll see a few strands. I'm starting to retain some length (I guess)... so I guess my switch back to frequent cowashing .moisturizing and sealing it working for me...

I washed and blow dried my hair Friday night and I'd say about a gumball-sized amount of hair came out via shedding. Actual breakage was very little. My hair looks like it's retaining length so I'm not going to worry about it.

I believe no matter what breakage is going to happen. I also believe there are ways to minimize the amount of breakage. I try to stop by saturating my hair in oil or conditioner and using a wide tooth comb but there are still some form of breakage.

Back