Naturals...Are You Using Natural Products or do you stick to "chemicals"?

Valerie

I tend to get my hair products from the local supermarket like glycerin, rosewater, and shampoos and conditioners are from coloured, dry or damaged hair and I mix my conditioner from the supermarket with mayonaise, egg, castor oil, aloe vera gel or juice and Indian herbs.

mscocoface

Majority of my regimen is full of natural items.

Things like conditioners, deep conditioners, leave ins, clarifying shampoo those are commercial and some of the products I use to make my dailly spritz.

But I have some items that I use as above that are all natural like ayurvedic powders, baking soda, yogurt or sour cream, eggs, mayo, every oil imaginable from olive to essentials, all types of butters, apple cider vinegar, etc.

I just added as my new BFF raw unrefined shea butter!!!! I had been looking for something to help me combat my dry skin issues. For over 4 years I had been looking. I was using shealoe, but the other day I tried just plain ole raw unrefined shea butter and this stuff is incredible!!!

I am now trying it on my hair after cowashing to see how it reacts.

Now I am on a search to find raw unrefined organic shea butter! If anyone knows where I can find the large blocks or 1 pound buckets at a reasonable price please let a sistah know!

I will purchase online or pick it up. I am in SoCal and willing to go from LA to San Diego to get some. Yes, it is that good on my skin.

BrooklynSouth

I'd love to use all naturals-70% natural I think Jasons is but as others have said.."I use what works;" to get me through this sometimes rough transisition.

msa

I somehow missed this thread. I try to use things that can be handmade. Now, I'm not going to actually make some olive oil but I like thinking that I could. I pretty much feel like if it can be used in food, it's probably ok for my hair; and if it isn't edible then 99% of the time I'm not going to try it.

My "products": olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil, coconut milk, and baking soda.

To try list: bentonite clay, honey, aloe vera juice, unrefined shea butter, and acv.

BillsBackerz67

i use mostly storebrand becasue thats all I can afford at this point. I really like Motions products surpisingly. They worked great on my hair when it was relaxed, and they work well on my natural hair :yep:

Kay.Dee

I have a mix
I'd like to buy from natural companies like Oyin but my pocket says no for right now.

I like Giovanni, Oyin, Aubrey Organics, coconut oil, castor oil, veggie glycerin and honey, but I also like a few products from Elasta QP, Neutrogena Triple Moisture and I've been really enjoying Scurl spray lately.

msa

Majority of my regimen is full of natural items.

Things like conditioners, deep conditioners, leave ins, clarifying shampoo those are commercial and some of the products I use to make my dailly spritz.

But I have some items that I use as above that are all natural like ayurvedic powders, baking soda, yogurt or sour cream, eggs, mayo, every oil imaginable from olive to essentials, all types of butters, apple cider vinegar, etc.

I just added as my new BFF raw unrefined shea butter!!!! I had been looking for something to help me combat my dry skin issues. For over 4 years I had been looking. I was using shealoe, but the other day I tried just plain ole raw unrefined shea butter and this stuff is incredible!!!

I am now trying it on my hair after cowashing to see how it reacts.

Now I am on a search to find raw unrefined organic shea butter! If anyone knows where I can find the large blocks or 1 pound buckets at a reasonable price please let a sistah know!

I will purchase online or pick it up. I am in SoCal and willing to go from LA to San Diego to get some. Yes, it is that good on my skin.

Did you ever find raw unrefined organic shea butter? I really want to try it but I'd rather buy it in person instead of ordering it online.

I'm in Los Angeles if anyone knows a place to buy some.

Netta1

Great thread.

Since becoming natural I changed a lot of things about myself-including some of the foods (meats) I was eating. In the beginning natural was becoming a lifestyle-so my hair products "naturalled up" too. Now I still don't eat certain things-but I am not as anal about exclusively using "natural products".

However, because I am more aware I make informed decisions about the products I use natural or not. The products that make me feel the best are those that are simple, and to-the-point. Of course the product has to work too. I really enjoy making my own concoctions when I can and when it is feasible. I also like True organic products-that are simple and not "well-known". All in all, even though I am a "product reader" I am not exclusively a "natural product" consumer-If the commercial product works consider it used.