Naturally Flexible Support Thread

Joigirl

I've had very happy hair this winter because I only use products that work on my hair and I've incorporated heavier creams and butters mid-week along with water to moisturize my hair. This is a twist and curl, second day hair. Still looks pretty good, but it is getting too big for work. I will retwist tonight.

Attachments

• image-2410674393.jpg
    image-2410674393.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 82

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I've had very happy hair this winter because I only use products that work on my hair and I've incorporated heavier creams and butters mid-week along with water to moisturize my hair. This is a twist and curl, second day hair. Still looks pretty good, but it is getting too big for work. I will retwist tonight.

Your hair is gawgus!!!

havilland

I am so depressed about my straight hair. My ends are see through. :( i dont know if i should cut off my hair now or should i grow it out and cut it later

If your ends are damaged, cut them....u will stunt your growth if you let them hang on and be this jagged target for the elements.

I did that once...deep treatments weekly, hanging on to see through ends. I ended up having to cut more than I would have if I had cut them in the first place. I had three inches of damage. I ended up trimming almost five. Not. Worth. It.

Healthy hair retains more length. I say cut it. (As much as I HATE to see you cut your hair...) :(

Napp

Ms. Nobody
If your ends are damaged, cut them....u will stunt your growth if you let them hang on and be this jagged target for the elements.

I did that once...deep treatments weekly, hanging on to see through ends. I ended up having to cut more than I would have if I had cut them in the first place. I had three inches of damage. I ended up trimming almost five. Not. Worth. It.

Healthy hair retains more length. I say cut it. (As much as I HATE to see you cut your hair...) :(

Im not ready to cut off my hard grown length just yet. My hair grows slow so i dont want to start over again. I cut off 2 inches and i am going to adjust my regimen and see how the next few months go. I think i might go and get a professional cut once i get back to apl

Adiatasha

Im not ready to cut off my hard grown length just yet. My hair grows slow so i dont want to start over again. I cut off 2 inches and i am going to adjust my regimen and see how the next few months go. I think i might go and get a professional cut once i get back to apl

Napp
Ummm you might not get to APL if you keep those damaged ends. All the deep treatments, protein and bunning... Sigh
I learned the hard way.. Just hope it turns out better for you.

havilland

I totally understand. I didn't want to cut my hair either. I'm a slow grower as well. FOR ME, keeping the ends didn't work out...I hope FOR YOU that it does. ;)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm so tempted to trim, but I am trying to wait on the Spring Equinox in March. I guess I will just do search and destroys until then :look:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp
Ummm you might not get to APL if you keep those damaged ends. All the deep treatments, protein and bunning... Sigh
I learned the hard way.. Just hope it turns out better for you.

Here is a picture of my situation

The left piece there is not that short . its not hanging straight like the rest. I have no hair in the center of my nape so the middle of my hair always looks thin. Plus i used pressing oil to straighten and that made my hair greasy. If i cut where the thickness ends i will be back at sl plus my hair looks good when curly.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Here is a picture of my situation The left piece there is not that short . its not hanging straight like the rest. I have no hair in the center of my nape so the middle of my hair always looks thin. Plus i used pressing oil to straighten and that made my hair greasy. If i cut where the thickness ends i will be back at sl plus my hair looks good when curly.

Napp

I really admire your honesty but I don't think it looks bad. I've seen worse on Ladies who swear all is well sooooooo I would just throw a few flexi rods in there for some curls and just call it a day.

I noticed that my hair was thinning in the middle too and I swore it was from washing in 4 sections. (mainly that split down the middle over and over again was too much) I now wash with all my hair going towards the back (no sections) and the thinning has been much better. Good luck momma!

Last edited:

havilland

Here is a picture of my situation The left piece there is not that short . its not hanging straight like the rest. I have no hair in the center of my nape so the middle of my hair always looks thin. Plus i used pressing oil to straighten and that made my hair greasy. If i cut where the thickness ends i will be back at sl plus my hair looks good when curly.

I think you should do what you feel most comfortable with. You know your hair best.

Here is a throwback pic from when my ends looked like yours. Jan 2009 my ends thinned from a setback. I babied my hair for 6 months with conditioners and protective styles trying to gradually preserve them and then trim slowly. I eventually ended up having to cut back to shoulder length anyway because my growth seemed stunted. My hair was just breaking and I didn't realize it. This pic is from a feature I did for Hairveda. When my hair was straight it didn't look as bad but I couldn't make any progress. I cut just before summer and it took me a year to grow out my hair again.

Attachments

• image-1562667815.jpg
    image-1562667815.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

havilland

Today I wore my half wig for the first time in awhile.

I was so annoyed by it. I couldn't wait to get that thing off my head when I got home! OMG.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today I wore my half wig for the first time in awhile.

I was so annoyed by it. I couldn't wait to get that thing off my head when I got home! OMG.

I know the feeling. I haven't worn a wig in over 3 months so I'm sure I would snatch it off within a few hours :lol:

My own hair is annoying sometimes too. It's so fine so when I wear it down it feels like butterflies fluttering on my face, neck, chest, etc.

havilland

I know the feeling. I haven't worn a wig in over 3 months so I'm sure I would snatch it off within a few hours :lol: My own hair is annoying sometimes too. It's so fine so when I wear it down it feels like butterflies fluttering on my face, neck, chest, etc.

Girl ! I was way way way annoyed. LOL

havilland

I had a nice co wash and steam today in the shower. Hairveda MoisturePro condish and my hair is like butta.

Styled with Vo5 condish as leave in and Eco styler brown gel.

Attachments

• image-4044508236.jpg
    image-4044508236.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image-2486778460.jpg
    image-2486778460.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 60

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I straightened my hair again. I just had to see the condition of my ends. I gave my self an expiremental "body press" (low heat with holding products) to see if my fine strands could look thicker and not stick together like when i used pressing oil. My ends look better but i still have short hair in the middle of my nape. I think i will try to grow out my hair some before i get a professional trim.

havilland

Napp

Your hair looks good. I would probably dust a little and trim just the nape hair so those ends are blunt and strong. I bet u won't even need a professional trim.

havilland

My squirrel ponytail. All day I walked around like I was in fifth grade with my bushy tail blowing in the wind. Then I bunned it up when I got home.

Attachments

• image-2810498534.jpg
    image-2810498534.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3490770166.jpg
    image-3490770166.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3400896350.jpg
    image-3400896350.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 86

Napp

Ms. Nobody
ok so i wrapped my hair and took another look (yes im obsessed! lol) it looked fine. the breakage in the middle might be from cross wrapping? anyway here are a few pics of my straight hair

and yes i have a new blog :grin:but it is still under construction ATM :ohwell:

havilland

I am so tired of my hair. I want to weave it up but I want to weave it up for the rest of the year and I just can't commit the cash to good quality hair and installs every two months.

I'm getting lazy.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
^^^Me too. I got a new wig yesterday so I will have my hair hidden until I find my Holy Grail Dc or until I make Bsl. In the meantime I will keep my hair neatly braided and moisturized underneath.

Mz.MoMo5235

havilland I feel you. Even after my last experience with my braids I still want to get them done just so I dont have to deal with my hair right now. I've just been rocking a lopsided curly puff instead (you know, cause if it werent lopsided my hair my actually look nice and my hair cant have that!)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
im thinking about wearing my hair straight for the remainder of the winter. I will do it via rollersets though

havilland

it is coooooolllllddd! and i don't feel like doing my hair. yesterday i put conditioner on the ends only and rinsed it out so my hair wouldn't be soaking wet when i left for work. winter on the east coast is REAL this year yall.