natural Problems!

pureebony

So I got major heat damage on my hair a month ago, the stylist cut 3-4 inches off too.

My hair is still breaking badly, what am I supposed to do, i only wash it onces every 2 weeks and dc when I wash, in the mean time i just use shea butter lotion, water based moisture spray and split end healer once in a while. My hair is breaking everywhere and I have noticed when I use protein it makes my hair very brittle even after dc.

What should I do?

laurend

I had heat damage years ago and I put my hair in braids and left it alone for 6 months. You need to decrease the manipulation of your hair via wigs, buns or braid and DC often.

msa

So I got major heat damage on my hair a month ago, the stylist cut 3-4 inches off too.

My hair is still breaking badly, what am I supposed to do, i only wash it onces every 2 weeks and dc when I wash, in the mean time i just use shea butter lotion, water based moisture spray and split end healer once in a while. My hair is breaking everywhere and I have noticed when I use protein it makes my hair very brittle even after dc.

What should I do?

You should be dc'ing more often to counteract the damage. It's not going to erase it but it should slow the breakage. The protein is probably making your hair very brittle because you don't have enough moisture to start with.

What hairstyles do you normally wear now? Can you up your dc's to at least once a week? What dc do you use?

You also may need a better moisturizer but I'd start with increasing the dc'ing first.

Mook's hair

Protein is not for everyone. My hair hates it! Unless its silk protein. My hair loves that.
I agree that you should DC more frequently. Once a week.
Lay off the protein for a while and try to do some low manipulation styles while your hair recovers.

pureebony

Thank you ladies, Well every day i do doughnut buns, and I dc my hair either with cholesterol, hawaai silky proteinized hair preservative, organic root stimulator hair mayonnaise or creame of nature chamomile and comfrey healing conditioner. I add amla oil and honey to either one when using and sit under my hood dryer for 30 mins.

I also use and MTG, Rosemary, jojoba and Megatek mix on my scalp once a week for growth.

that_1_grrrl

You need more moisture-based conditioners. All that protein is probably too much for your hair.

Thank you ladies, Well every day i do doughnut buns, and I dc my hair either with cholesterol, hawaai silky proteinized hair preservative, organic root stimulator hair mayonnaise or creame of nature chamomile and comfrey healing conditioner. I add amla oil and honey to either one when using and sit under my hood dryer for 30 mins.

I also use and MTG, Rosemary, jojoba and Megatek mix on my scalp once a week for growth.

Chromia

I agree with the others. Your hair needs less protein and more moisture. It sounds like your hair needs co-washing or a once-a-week moisturizing DC.

msa

It seems like you are definitely not balancing all the protein you're using with moisture based conditioners.

BrooklynSouth

Try some IC FANTASIA LEAVE-IN, I may have missed it but you did not mention using a daily moisturizing leave in.