Natural Ladies, I'm needing some more inspiration!

I've seen plenty of natural albums, and the naturals on here have some beautiful hair. But I'd love to hear stories about encounters with strangers, friends, or family members with long, thick, gorgeous natural hair. I'd also love to hear some success stories about people you all know who have gone from relaxed to natural with amazing results. My natural hair is really taking me through a journey, and I'd love some more inspiration! Thanks in advance!

dicapr

My hair is not long yet, but it is definately healthier and it is getting noticed. I was going to press my hair for church event. My brother asked me why and told me that my hair looked better and more "natural" in the twist style I usually wear it. My sister who prefers straight hair has also been telling me my hair looks nice. Before, they were always wanting to know when I was going to do something to my relaxed hair. Now they complement my natural hair and if I even mention relaxing or texturizing they are the first to ask me why?! If I get this reaction and I am not quite shoulder lenght yet, I can just immagine their reaction at longer lenghts!

mscocoface

I have about five female family members who have gone from relaxer to natural. One I think is on a you tube and I have a picture of my niece will try to pull them up.

This is part of the journey you have highs, lows and in betweens, I promise you it is just for a moment then things will change, they always do in this natural journey because that is what it is a journey, never know what is around the bend.

Hang in there I promise this too shall pass.

My Aunt Cynthia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hg-Me9QxXo

My Niece

I told her story in another thread where she asked me to do a BC on her about two years ago almost and this is what she looks like now. She has the most finicky scalp because she contracted a severe case of wing worms when she was around 5 but it is healthy now and growing.

Stay strong lady, stay strong. Have to process and learn how to enjoy the journey because that is where you are most of the time when you are going from one goal to another.

Last edited:

Nola Darling

I get alot of compliments about how my hair is neat when I don't flat iron. Even the white folks like it, haha. But really it's all about what YOU think.

I like playing in my hair and twisting the tight curls around. I also love the fullness of my hair when I wear it straight. Just make sure you're careful with it when you do choose to press it.

Enjoy your hair!

GoldenBreeze

Although I don't have any pics, I just complimented my bus driver yesterday on her nice afro.

OT: mscocoface, I really enjoyed your aunt's singing. I had to listen to it twice. :)

mscocoface

Although I don't have any pics, I just complimented my bus driver yesterday on her nice afro.

OT: mscocoface, I really enjoyed your aunt's singing. I had to listen to it twice. :)

Awww, thanks. You can leave her some love on her you tube. We were surprised to see that she wore her hair out. She usually braids it and has it in a protective style.

Girl friend has a bush!!!! But most of the ladies in our family are like that thank God! Thick, thick, thick hair!!!

Thank you ladies so much! I'm so anxious to grow a BAA, and my natural hair is so awkward at this stage. I'm tired of wearing it up all the time. I'm ready for full long braidouts and puffs. Hopefully that day will come!

I have about five female family members who have gone from relaxer to natural. One I think is on a you tube and I have a picture of my niece will try to pull them up.

This is part of the journey you have highs, lows and in betweens, I promise you it is just for a moment then things will change, they always do in this natural journey because that is what it is a journey, never know what is around the bend.

Hang in there I promise this too shall pass.

My Aunt Cynthia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hg-Me9QxXo

My Niece

I told her story in another thread where she asked me to do a BC on her about two years ago almost and this is what she looks like now. She has the most finicky scalp because she contracted a severe case of wing worms when she was around 5 but it is healthy now and growing.

Stay strong lady, stay strong. Have to process and learn how to enjoy the journey because that is where you are most of the time when you are going from one goal to another.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I hope my hair will be like yours someday, I'm so jealous! Your aunt's hair is so Angela Davis, BEAUTIFUL!