Natural ladies- a relaxed girl needs your help :)

danysedai

Not for me, for my sister. I'm chatting with her(she's in Cuba) and she's complaining about the 2 different textures on her hair. She says that if she parts the back of her hair from ear to ear, that part is different, the curls not as defined as in the front and a lot frizzier after 2 days even when she is using the same products.
She's even considering texlaxing or texturizing that part but I wouldn't really like her to do that ( I know, hypocritical of me, a relaxed head:spinning:) but she went Natural when it was not fashionable in my country, has had to endure negative comments from anyone,with me almost fighting people in the street for saying those things about her hair. I told her I would ask here and I'll bump this until I get an answer as we are chatting right now and wants to know.

Soo, what can she do? other than embrace the 2 textures lol. This is not about 3a,or 3c or 4b, she just wants her whole head to look the same, with defined curls.

You can see her hair in this thread I also asked natural ladies about products for her.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=407590&highlight=

Your sister hair is really nice. It's hard when dealing w/ different textures. Maybe she could do a braidout or twist out to give the appearance of uniform texture.

I agree with Ms. Blue. I'd probably do some Bantu knots with gel or setting lotion and then release them the next day but since I hardly ever wear my hair out, I'm not really sure what to advise although I have that same texture difference issue.

I had the same problem - (I relaxed) but I def. agree with the twist out or bantu knot. My hair was beautiful with a twist out. Just have her use product - real product (not some moisturizing cream solely) that has hold, so that it will last a few days.

Has your sister tried the tightly curly method with conditioner and a denman brush? See here: http://tightlycurly.com/technique/curlyprimer/

I have tried it and liked the results maybe it would work for your sister. :yep:
Seconding this recommendation. Also your sister should apply product section-by-section and possibly use more in the harder to curl areas. If she does bantu knots or twist outs, make smaller knots/twists in the areas with less curl definition, then manipulate them less during styling to keep the curl in. HTH.

Thank you ladies, I'll go read that thread and also check out the tightlycurly link.
I really don't want her to relax or texturize without first exploring other techniques and products that can help her.
Gracias!

Teri from tightlycurly.com talks about the different types of curls she has and how to deal with them: link (see info box as well).

Also every woman that is natural has a bunch of different textures on her head. She should try KCCC and the method that others have mentioned about sectioning hair and applying gel or KCCC. she can even try shingling. I'm sure she will see that it will work once she finds the right mix and regime for her hair.

Her hair is beautiful!
I would send her some Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding, or if that's too heavy, the Shine & Define. These are great for curl definition. I just started using them recently, and now when I do braidouts, my hair blows in the wind and the curls really pop.

I think bantu knot outs/twistouts are a great option as well. She can do like 6 big twists/bantu knots if she's not big on spending time styling.

I agree with everyone's suggestion of twistouts, braidouts and bantu knots.
But maybe she should try some KCKT&KCCC (if its available where she is) because that helps me blend my 2 textures.

Back