Natural heads. What length do u feel stuck at retaining growth?

SimJam

My hair seems to have sped to CBL and now it seems to want to stay there - cos the ends keep snapping off, same thing i had when i was relaxed - and there was me thinking natural hair would making getting to APL easier...

exactly!!!!

I flew to CBL in 1 year and have been stuck there for a whole year .... I cant even imagine how I managed to break off all the hair I grew.

But I guess thats the unfortunate thing about breakage from the ends if its tiny pieces breaking off then I may not notice.

KurlyNinja

It took me FOREVER to get to APL. But I'm there now and on my way to BSL. I don't know what finally got me there but I'm glad I am.

longhairdreaming

I've been stuck around SL(longest being about an inch below) most of my life. I've been relaxer free for a decade but I still had no idea what to do with my hair. I transitioned quite by accident...my relaxed ends basically broke off and I didn't notice or care lol.
I just looked at a video of my hair from this month last year and I'm at the same length on the sides (CL) but about 2inches longer in the back. I started to feel discouraged till I remembered I trimmed half an inch to an inch once a month for almost 7months. I needed to get my hair healthy so the fact that I'm back to where I was last year isn't too bad. Now I have healthy hair, am closer to APL than I've ever been and I'm hoping to get there by August or sooner.

Sunshine77

SL. I've been natural since 2004. I would reach full SL and then it would break off and thin out due to anemia. I'm finally aproaching Full APL and I will be doing backflips when I get there!

Melaninme

During the time when I only wore my natural hair straightened, I would set my hair on magnetic rollers at night (ouch) and would use my blowdyer to flatten my hair from my roots to mid shaft in order to lessen the bouffant look of my roller set. During this time my hair never got past shoulder length. Later I realized that all the while I was blowdrying my hair (every morning), I was also snapping off my ends in the process. I would see lots of broken short pieces of hair on my bathroom floor whenever I would sweep.

When I stopped using the blowdrier and with straightening, my hair flourished. Now when I wear my hair straight, I pin curl at night and ALL IS GOOD! I sleep better at night too!:yep: