Natural Hair Twa, Different Techiques For Defining Curls/kinks

Evolving78

I haven't been since 2011. I currently have a fade/twa. I see there are several different techiques out know to define your curls/coils!
I don't really do anything special. My hair is very coily, so I just add a leave in, water, some gel, rake/scrunch product in, and go! It takes 5-7 mins to do my hair. Even when my hair got longer in the past, same techique was applied.

Now I see that people are using the sponge, a brush, Palm rolling, and shingling 2-3 inches of hair, as well as shorter!

It's nice there are so many options out now!
What techique have you used, or are using?

HappywithJC723

Subbing! I bc'ed May 1st and my husband tapered my TWA for me a little bit. I don't do much except add my leave in to wet hair with a styler of some sort (eco styler, Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, etc), and that's about it. I'm here to hear what other ladies have to share...

kandake

When in BC'd in 2010 I remember seeing Youtube videos with all of those techniques. I would use a leave-in, moisturizer and oil and then apply gel. I would then do a combo of scrunching, palming rolling and shingling and finger coils.

Evolving78

When in BC'd in 2010 I remember seeing Youtube videos with all of those techniques. I would use a leave-in, moisturizer and oil and then apply gel. I would then do a combo of scrunching, palming rolling and shingling and finger coils.
How long was your hair when you bc'ed?

Evolving78

Subbing! I bc'ed May 1st and my husband tapered my TWA for me a little bit. I don't do much except add my leave in to wet hair with a styler of some sort (eco styler, Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, etc), and that's about it. I'm here to hear what other ladies have to share...
How do you like the SM curling enchancing smoothie? I didn't care for it several years ago. I ended up using it for a foot cream. It just sat on top of my hair. How is your hair cut? I have a Mohawk right now.

MzRhonda

I did this this morning for the first time actually doing a wash and go with my short hair......I used wetline xtreme though. It came out pretty nice after more times doing it I may have some perfected curls all over.

GGsKin

My hair: tiny coils, low-normal porosity, low-med density, type 4. I dont use a leave in. After washing with clay and oil rinsing, I smooth gel on small sections of my hair from root to tip. Then I keep smoothing/ shingling. The clumps form and I help them along by making sure they are separated at the roots to avoid webbing and tangles.

Guinan

Re-Branding
How do you like the SM curling enchancing smoothie? I didn't care for it several years ago. I ended up using it for a foot cream. It just sat on top of my hair. How is your hair cut? I have a Mohawk right now.

Foot cream :lachen::lachen:

How did it work out as a foot cream? People keep gifting me jars of sm curl stuff and I have like 3 jars now.

HappywithJC723

I could take or leave the SM curl enhancing smoothie. It's just something I had on hand but it makes my hair crunchy. I will probably either try to use up the SM and try something else. My hair is longer on the top and shorter on the sides and in the back... Not short enough to call it a mohawk though (I hope that makes sense). At the time I was too afraid to let dh taper the sides and back too much.