Natural hair. Dry ends. Help!

leigh.hill

I have not been on the site for awhile, but needed to get back to you ladies for this problem. I have missed you! My friend is natural and her hair has not grown but 1 inch in two years. Her hair stylist says her ends are really dry. I have relaxed hair so I am not sure what products would help her best. Her stylist says she needs a protein treatment, but I remember hearing something not needing as mch protien with natural hair. Any suggestions welcome. :yep: Thanks.

Qtee

Does she color or flat iron her hair alot? I just did an aphogee 2 step protein treatment on my hair. But I color my hair and was experiencing some breakage..I think as a natural unless ur hair is damaged u dont need a harsh protein treatment..

leigh.hill

Thanks! She does not use flat iron alot or use dyes too much (every 4 months). I think her issue is what is the right products/routine. The two-step seems good for protien, not too harsh right? How often? What about moisturizers?

transitioning?

Im newly natural and Im so glad i hope I can help. When I used to wash and go I would start with soft hair but by the end of the day if would be hard and dry. Then I started using kimmaytube from youtubes leave in. It consists of one oz creamy leave in conditioner (she used knot today), two tbs aloe vera juice, one tbs jojoba oil and one tbs castor oil. I found my hair to my soft throughout the day. Plus when I washed my hair it was curlier than ever before which is a sign of health.

So i would suggest that your friend use this mixture to mositurize her hair.

Also does your friend deep condition and protective style? These things help to retain length.

Sent from my DROID2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

transitioning?

Oh one more thing. There is a thread on here about the Kimmaytube leave sry I can't link it from my phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

leigh.hill

Thx transitioning? I have some left over castor oil from one of my many hair experiments that I can give her. Thanks again!!! I will left her know about DCing. What type of leave-in do you use?

Tamrin

unapologetic
If she is natural she needs moisture. If she has dry hair protein is not going to do anything but make it even more dry. How about using a good moisturizer and deep moisturizing conditioner.

southerncitygirl

does she protective style? perhaps twists would help and she could moisturize and seal the entire head 3-4 times a wk and the ends only daily. what type/ brand of products does she use? redken (butter treat,smooth down), aveda ( damage or dry remedy), and giovanni (smooth as silk)would be good poos and condish...aubrey organics ( gbp, honeysuckle rose, j.a.y, white camellia) makes great condishes.

leigh.hill

Thanks everyone! Hey Transitioning, please share the Kimmaytube thread,thx! 1 more thing, did you apply it to your entire head?... Once a day?....I will definitely spread the word to her!

PrincesscurlyQ<3

hey. i was just about to say try kimmay's leave in conditioner. also she should add moisture to her regiment. maybe even washing everyday can help, depending on her hair type/texture/porosity. She can try mixing Roux Porosity contro with a deep conditioner, being that coloring can lead to lifted cuticles. The porpsity control and leave in conditioner will help with that.​

YouTube - ♡♡♡LUVNaturals #19 Leave In Conditioner Recipe - Step by Step

maybe she should care for her ends a little bit more, than focusing on the entire strands.

Last edited: