Natural Hair and Skin Products???

DontTouchMyHair

So I drive myself insane in stores creeping around in the aisles trying to read every last ingredient before purchasing a product because I want products that are natural or mostly natural (less than one or two non-natural ingredients). To avoid all of this, what are some natural hair and skin products you all recommend?

I tried using black soap but one day I went to pick it up and it was so soft it pretty much turned to goo.... :blush:

jessicarabbit

u can buy all your own ingrediens and make things. for example, baking soda and water to clarify, banana avocado honey egg and oils for your conditioner, aloe vera glycerin and oil for ur moisture/sealing spritz, and thatd b all u need in ur reggie! with shea butter mixes, etc, u really dont have to buy commercial products unless its for convenience.
giovanni is a natural line
shescentit.com is a GREAT natural line

Leeda.the.Paladin

I love Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine for my hair and skin, but it costs more than I'm willing to spend on a regular basis. I love shea butter for my hair and skin, especially my feet. Shea butter also works well for my daughter's eczema. Aloe vera gel is great in a spritz and for eyebrow gel, coconut oil for skin, scalp and sealing my ends. I could go on and on :)

drmuffin

So I drive myself insane in stores creeping around in the aisles trying to read every last ingredient before purchasing a product because I want products that are natural or mostly natural (less than one or two non-natural ingredients). To avoid all of this, what are some natural hair and skin products you all recommend?

I tried using black soap but one day I went to pick it up and it was so soft it pretty much turned to goo.... :blush:

Was it the real black soap? Like African black soap? Cuz I was gonna suggest that. I got 1 lb of it the other day and I'm so in love. I use it from head to toe.

Last edited:

DontTouchMyHair

u can buy all your own ingrediens and make things. for example, baking soda and water to clarify, banana avocado honey egg and oils for your conditioner, aloe vera glycerin and oil for ur moisture/sealing spritz, and thatd b all u need in ur reggie! with shea butter mixes, etc, u really dont have to buy commercial products unless its for convenience.
giovanni is a natural line
shescentit.com is a GREAT natural line

I need to start watching some YouTube videos on how to mix those different things. Or should I just get some stuff and make my own? That sounds more fun LOL
I have a jar of coconut oil and I've been thinking of mixing it with shea butter. I also heard of people adding vanilla, lemon or mint flavor for scent..

DontTouchMyHair

What is the real black soap? Like African black soap? Cuz I was gonna suggest that. I got 1 lb of it the other day and I'm so in love. I use it from head to toe.

YES I love it as well but I don't know how to store it.. I had it in a soap dish and it was so soft when I went to use it again I couldn't pick it up. I think the ingredients separated and all of the honey in the soap was in the bottom. :-(

DontTouchMyHair

I love Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine for my hair and skin, but it costs more than I'm willing to spend on a regular basis. I love shea butter for my hair and skin, especially my feet. Shea butter also works well for my daughter's eczema. Aloe vera gel is great in a spritz and for eyebrow gel, coconut oil for skin, scalp and sealing my ends. I could go on and on :)

I also have eczema, the shea butter was SO greasy on me. I want to melt it down and whip it and see how that works...

Tiye

YES I love it as well but I don't know how to store it.. I had it in a soap dish and it was so soft when I went to use it again I couldn't pick it up. I think the ingredients separated and all of the honey in the soap was in the bottom. :-(

Dissolve it in a bottle of water and use it in liquid form.

I use oils - coconut, jojoba, almond, grapeseed, castor oil alone or blended with essential oils.

See the ayurveda lovers thread for info about Indian herbs that you can use to wash and condition your hair. Look up the thread about mud wash for info about using clay for conditioning and cleansing treatments.

You can use kitchen ingredients for conditioner like yogurt and mayonnaise