MY VENT!!!!!!

i normally don't post but i just have to vent ,why is it that when you don't want your hair relaxed they want to push a relaxer on you i mean even the stylist who does my hair who has locks:{ i mean it's not that i don't use relaxer its just that i have bleach in my hair so i stretch my relaxers for about 3 to 4 months i mean this is jus crazy so you would think that since she has locs and bleached hair you would think she knows why i stretch my relaxers does any one know how to use a pressing comb or even just s good blow dryer any more

I feel ya...Fortunately, I went to the salon today and got my over 20 wks post hair blown out and she didn't even try to push a relaxer on me...SHe did her thang with that dryer tho!

They are just plain out lazy. It is easier and takes less time to slap some relaxer on it than to blow dry or flat iron.

Welcome to the club of the stretcher/transitioner. I could have gotten a quick wash set, and blow out but then I didn't want to deal with them forcing a perm on me. Isn't that sad....cant even treat myself to an occasional salon visit becuase of it. Sounds like you cant either janisloren.

I have had bleached hair with and without relaxer so I'm right there with you on stretching. ;) My mother, a licensed beautician was the one who got me to stretch. -she simply refused to relax my hair with so much color close to my roots. Problem for me wasn't the opposing textures, it was the color that dried my relaxed hair. during the stretch straight hairs would just pop off. My solution to keep my color and for alot of other reasons was to texturize. In all fairness to your beautician, she may have felt uncomfortable styling/manipulating the two textures. You can call it lazy, but there are dozens of hair challenges beauty school doesn't teach. I think you should stay out the salon during your stretches or clearly express to your stylist what your goal is and why you're there. Ask her to manage your hair with your goal in mind -not just for appearance sake.

PS be very careful of the hot comb that can sometimes be even more damaging than just getting your routine touch up.

Back