My transition may have ended...(cont'd)

Nice & Wavy

Pics continued from the first post. (I am in the process of editing the too big pics)

^^^January 2009 (.....wayyy too much oil)

^^^January 2009

^^^February 2009 (1st color job of 2009 and another trim; the color wasn't bold enough...I went back for more 6 weeks later)

^^^February 2009

March 2009 (2nd color job)

^^^March 2009

^^^June 2008 Wash n' Go

^^^July 2008 Banana Clip Experiment

^^^August 2009

^^^October 8, 2009 (prior to BC/trim....or whatever it was I got!)

^^^October 9, 2009 (after BC/trim.....)

I can't wait to wash my hair again (will more than likely do this next weekend to see if I REALLY am 100% natural)

**I took another picture today with the same shirt I had on in February of this year. The shirt has colored stripes and I intended to use it as a marker. I will post that pic later.

BB
Your hair is just as beautiful now as it was when you were relaxed! Grow on girl...you know how to take care of some hair:grin:

BostonMaria

Congratulations if you are 100% natural now!!! I hope so because I know you want to end this already. OMG your hair color is to die for! You are so lucky to have a brother that is a stylist that helped you during your transition. I had 10 months of bad hair days with my transition LOL

Straight or curly your hair is gorgeous. Congrats again and keep us posted when you finally wet your hair!

blackbarbie

Congratulations if you are 100% natural now!!! I hope so because I know you want to end this already. OMG your hair color is to die for! You are so lucky to have a brother that is a stylist that helped you during your transition. I had 10 months of bad hair days with my transition LOL

Straight or curly your hair is gorgeous. Congrats again and keep us posted when you finally wet your hair!

Thanks a bunch!
Yes, you know I was ready, don't you? The true test will be when I shampoo it again to REALLY see. I am anxious to wash it again already b/c it is so weird wearing it straight
after continuously wearing it curly for so long.

My brother is too funny. He really didn't want to cut it because he didn't think I was sure and he said he didn't want me to be mad at him.

I'll be sure to post pics when I wash it again.

BB

tenderheaded

You've done an amazing job:yep::yep::yep: EVERYTHING about your hair is off the charts! Congrats and thanks for feeding my hair pic addiction:grin:

BostonMaria

BB, I meant to ask you:
1. Now that your hair is natural, what are your new goals?
2. What is your desired length?

My personal goal is BSL curly which means probably tailbone straight. I also want a blunt cut at some point next year.

ccd

Wow BB!!!!!!Beautiful!!! Great Work!!

So is your regime somewhere?? Can I get the details:grin:
( Shampoos....Condis....Styles through out your transition:grin:

How do you get your hair so straight? Does it effect your curls?

blackbarbie

BB, I meant to ask you:
1. Now that your hair is natural, what are your new goals?
2. What is your desired length?

My personal goal is BSL curly which means probably tailbone straight. I also want a blunt cut at some point next year.

BostonMaria, you are I are >>>>>HERE<<<<<

I have a few slight layers and I want an even length all around and yes my next goal is BSL curly. Right now I am shoulder length curly. It's no telling how long it will take me to get BSL curly but I have nothing but time on my hands so I will be patient.

The main thing I really want to be able to do (don't know if this is really possible but just basing it on my experience so far) is for my hair to be in a more manageable state after washing. What I mean by this is it not being as frizzy.

I am sure this may come from training it (with constant DC treatments, etc.). I do know that I have seen my hair become more and more manageable along my journey to become natural, so I am hoping that the best is yet to come (in terms of my natural hair being more manageable.)

Neith

Your hair is gorgeous! The color looks pretty and it all looks so healthy!

I'm a little mad that you don't have the curly pics though :lol:

blackbarbie

Oh, I want to ask, how do you get your big curls on the ends and the ends only?

After I get my hair flat ironed, I curl it (with the flat iron) in spiral curls all over. After that, I pull it up in a high ponytail and use a jumbo flexirod (the largest size they make). I do this nightly with no more use of the flat iron until the next time I wash/blow dry, etc.

The curls will last a minimum of 2 weeks and probably 3.

HTH........

BB

blackbarbie

Your hair is gorgeous! The color looks pretty and it all looks so healthy!

I'm a little mad that you don't have the curly pics though :lol:

I'm dying to wash it so bad - you just don't know. My brother said he preferred to cut it straight (to make sure that while he was cutting the relaxed ends that he was also trimming it evenly all around) so that's why it's not curly right now.

I will be sure to post curly pics as soon as the water hits it again!

BB

blackbarbie

Wow BB!!!!!!Beautiful!!! Great Work!!

So is your regime somewhere?? Can I get the details:grin:
( Shampoos....Condis....Styles through out your transition:grin:

How do you get your hair so straight? Does it effect your curls?

I'll be back to post the details in a minute. Have to make a run.

BB

blackbarbie

I'll be back to post the details in a minute. Have to make a run.

BB

Right now I wash every 3-4 days and once I am done, I use Rusk Smoother, Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine, or conditioner as a leave in. I spray S-Curl on it, which keeps it soooo moisturized! (thanks Noni!). Then I use coconut oil to seal it. I pull it back in a banana clip to dry or either I use a huge elastic headband and double it. I let it slide back on my head into a ponytail position and it stays there. It gives me the fullness of a big pontytail puff when it dries but it doesn't pull all the hair tight like a regular ponytail holder does.

I just sleep with a silk bonnet on and when I get up, I spray my hair with a mist of water, s-curl, and a concoction of all my creamy leave ins.

When I get it flat ironed I get it all curled and each night, I put one jumbo flexirod in it. When I get up the very next morning, it has a lot of curls and a lot of volume. I hardly ever use moisturizers or leave ins on a daily basis when I am wearing my hair flat ironed. I had been in search of a good one but never found it and that's o.k. because I have found that keeping my hair moisturized well (when wearing it in its natural state) has done wonders for keeping it moisturized even when not in its natural state. When I put the jumbo flexi rod in, I apply a little coconut oil around the edges and put a scarf around it so my edges won't revert.

I DC once every 2 weeks and even though I have tried to be consistent with a protein routine, I have to admit that I am really not. It was much easier for me to stay committed to a protein routine when I was relaxed b/c I knew with the relaxer AND the color, I had no choice if I didn't want to be bald.

Hope that helps!

BB

sharifeh

Awesome! Beautiful!!!
Your hair is so gorgeous! Congratulations! I love it!!!!
You should be proud of yourself!!!!