my sister's hair

SummerSolstice

my sister's hair **progress**

I'm just really proud because we started here:

And today we are here!!!
Also, I might add... She had a huge setback last year when she got a mullet hair cut :ohwell::look:

https://fbcdn_sphotos_a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534041_471524246195623_1958771315_n.jpg

We colored it the other day to celebrate :grin:
This twist out was done with vegetable oil there is still some relaxer in the front, but soon it will be gone!

https://fbcdn_sphotos_e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/398897_470519179629463_63267422_n.jpg

And next week she will be back into weaves.

Reggie:

Weave for 4 months (a semester)
She uses any oil she can find on her scalp each night, but mostly coconut oil... nothing "growth-ey" :lol:
shampoos once a week
and... she eats no refined starches! (biggie right here)

Last edited:

SummerSolstice

Why are the refined starches a biggie?

They cause candida overgrowth which stunts your immune system which can cause fungal growth on the scalp which can cause stunted hair growth (which people unknowingly treat with MN). Refined starches and candida also contribute to alopecia, psoriasis, and other auto immune issues that can stunt hair growth. :yep:

SummerSolstice

Nice progress. I love her fro.

@LiLofthenile ME TOO!!!! My hair wont fro like that :wallbash:
its funny because I have always had more defined coils that could hold a style well (cornrows, presses, wet sets, etc) and she always wished her styles would hold...
and she always had fluffy zig zags that laughed in the face of any style. Immediate frizz every day when we braided her hair or pressed it, which is why she got a relaxer. Now everyone wants her fluffy hair including me! :lol:
I love it!

hair4romheaven

They cause candida overgrowth which stunts your immune system which can cause fungal growth on the scalp which can cause stunted hair growth (which people unknowingly treat with MN). Refined starches and candida also contribute to alopecia, psoriasis, and other auto immune issues that can stunt hair growth. :yep:

THIS IS SO TRUE. THANK YOU WASn'T ENOUGH NOR IS MY CAPS!!! :yep:
Sister made great progress BTW!

SoopremeBeing

I found a list of refined foods. Very heartbreaking for a fat kid like me, but it makes a lot of sense in regards to hair growth:

white bread
flour tortillas
white flour rolls
hot dog or hamburger buns
white pita pockets
instant oatmeal
sweetened cereal
bagels
pancakes and waffles :cry2:

The whole article is here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/364223-list-of-refined-starch-foods/

I love seeing updated progress pics, gives me an extra kick in the butt.

MarieB

Thanks for the tag SummerSolstice Your sister's progress is stunning! Every time I was my hair, I want to chop off the rest of my straight ends, but the transition is worth it!

varaneka

SummerSolstice what's MN? I hope my raw vegan diet helps speed my hair growth!