My sister and sulfur

LongHairDreams

Ok. She is really getting on my nerves :wallbash:. I use a combo of mn, sulfur powder, peppermint oil, hot six, doo gro, vatika ect growth mixture. The problem is, she keeps complaining about the sulfur smell. Its only faint to me, not strong at all. She comes in my room telling me that she's tired of smelling it when she gets home from work. I said "well, Im not going to stop using it." Then she says "can't you put it in the garage?" HUH. I said "its in a container and you can only smell it when i use it. OH WELL!!!" Plus im using the powder, not the grease which is way less powerful.

So, before I choak her...what can be done so the sulfur smell doesn't drift through the house?

1. close the door when I leave the bathroom.

2. spray air freshner or light a candle? (one is lit now and she's still complaining)

3. ignore her and keep doing what im doing.

Im already trying to hide what I do with my hair cause she looks at me funny. You all know those non hair board members :ohwell: She'll see by this time next year, when my hair is longer then hers!!

What should I do about the sulfur smell??

Girl just how much powder did you put in there?! :lol:
It is hard to totally cover up sulfur odor and some people just have a sensitive sense of smell when it comes to things like that.

You could us it only a few days a week maybe only on a wash day or two. I think it is just as effective when used only a few times a week.

I am sensitive to it, too. It does not even stink really, it is just odd and disturbs the natural flow for me. Even peppermint does not cover it up for me - I still smell it.

I really don't think you can cover it up totally and when it is on you, it smells totally different than it smells to others, especially when you have grown used to it.

Thanks guys.

The last mix I added to much peppermint, it was making me gag and i love the smell of peppermint. (but that was sulfur grease)

I only put 1/2 tbsp powder in my mix.

Ok. She is really getting on my nerves :wallbash:. I use a combo of mn, sulfur powder, peppermint oil, hot six, doo gro, vatika ect growth mixture. The problem is, she keeps complaining about the sulfur smell. Its only faint to me, not strong at all. She comes in my room telling me that she's tired of smelling it when she gets home from work. I said "well, Im not going to stop using it." Then she says "can't you put it in the garage?" HUH. I said "its in a container and you can only smell it when i use it. OH WELL!!!" Plus im using the powder, not the grease which is way less powerful.

So, before I choak her...what can be done so the sulfur smell doesn't drift through the house?

1. close the door when I leave the bathroom.

2. spray air freshner or light a candle? (one is lit now and she's still complaining)

3. ignore her and keep doing what im doing

Im already trying to hide what I do with my hair cause she looks at me funny. You all know those non hair board members :ohwell: She'll see by this time next year, when my hair is longer then hers!!

What should I do about the sulfur smell??

Laughing at the bolded...cute:lachen:

Try adding a "second" fragrance to your mix...almond oil or coconut. coconut has a heavy good scent...like the BB hair grease smell. HTH

Wow...um...that's a lot of stuff in your growth mix. Just find one thing to mix with it to knock the smell out, but all those growth aids seem a little unnecessary to me. :ohwell: Now, if it's making your hair grow 2 inches a month :look: I say stick with it, but if not taper back a bit.

Think of it this way, even on the back of household cleaners they urge people not to mix other cleaning agents with them because you may get the opposite (toxic fumes, in your sister's case) effect of what you're looking for.

Don't wanna burst your bubble...but this is why I irk my friends so much. I tell the truth and not what they want to hear :yep:

I had a similar problem with my SO, but that was before I discovered Ylang Ylang...I add it to all my smelly concoctions and so far so good! Or you can just add more peppermint oil:drunk:

Wow...um...that's a lot of stuff in your growth mix. Just find one thing to mix with it to knock the smell out, but all those growth aids seem a little unnecessary to me. :ohwell: Now, if it's making your hair grow 2 inches a month :look: I say stick with it, but if not taper back a bit.

Think of it this way, even on the back of household cleaners they urge people not to mix other cleaning agents with them because you may get the opposite (toxic fumes, in your sister's case) effect of what you're looking for.

Don't wanna burst your bubble...but this is why I irk my friends so much. I tell the truth and not what they want to hear :yep:

Thanks for your opinion. Don't worry you didn't bust my bubble. Im not mixing chemicals so nothing has blown up over here. :nono: She just may have an extra sensitive nose as some have mentioned.

I don't have any advice.
However, I can relate to your sister. My nose is very sensitive. I can smell bad aromas from miles away.
Sulfure, no matter how light the scent, smells like ( to put it bluntly) old fart. It really isn't a pleasant scent that I would want to smell coming from work. If you are in the same room with the product for a length of time, of course the smell will be light to you. I'm sure you don't have to choke your sister:nono:, coming from one environmet to a sulfur environment is slapping her in the face as soon as she gets in the door.:bricks:

I agree with the other women. Find an frangrance essent oil and use it. How bout using less items in the mixture, which may be increasing the aroma.

Last edited:
Back