My second rollerset sucked... HARD!!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Okay ladies. This is my second rollerset, but my 1st Pibbs rollerset. I DID NOT TAKE PICS BECAUSE I WAS ASHAMED OF HOW IT LOOKED!! So, I washed and DCed, rolled my wet hair and got under Onyx (my Pibbs). I put him on 60 and he dried my hair in 25 minutes. My curls came out pretty and bouncy. The curls themselves were beautiful- pretty, shiny and bouncy. HOWEVER, I didn't know what to do with them after I took the rollers out. My first rollerset (which was airdried) fell the first day and the curls were easier to tame. But NO, these curls were like "HELL NO, WE WON'T GO" I wanted curly hair, but darn, I looked like Ronald McDonald:spinning: I couldn't even put a headband on to make it look nicer. They were wild ass curls that wouldn't go down for nothing! I had to tame them because I was going out last night. To make a long story short, I wrestled the curls down with water, a boar bristle brush, and a wide tooth comb. I then slicked it down with mango butter and IC gel into a side bun. I used my Mane Clip and made a fancy looking bun (I'm uploading the pics into my fotki as I type this thread.

My question is, what do yall do after your Dryer-dried curls are done? I tried to put a HairZing on it and I looked like I love Lucy. I tried to put a banana clip in, a mess. Help!

I'm sorry this happened to you. :sad:
What products did you use to set the curls? I use a dryer and I use a leave-in and if I feel like it veeeeeeeeery diluted Lottabody mixed with a liquid leave-in. After drying, I can finger comb my curls out even after using the smaller rollers on my hair.

I'm sorry this happened to you. :sad:
What products did you use to set the curls? I use a dryer and I use a leave-in and if I feel like it veeeeeeeeery diluted Lottabody mixed with a liquid leave-in. After drying, I can finger comb my curls out even after using the smaller rollers on my hair.
I was so excited to use my Pibbs, that after I washed and DCed, I forgot to put anything on my hair at all. When I rollerset, I only spray water on my hair. I bought some Lottabody to dilute and spray in my hair, but I forgot LOL

I feel you on the excitement! I'm trying to collect my funds before the deadline to get one :grin: but try a little leave in whether its cream or liquid and that should help.

Okay ladies. This is my second rollerset, but my 1st Pibbs rollerset. I DID NOT TAKE PICS BECAUSE I WAS ASHAMED OF HOW IT LOOKED!! So, I washed and DCed, rolled my wet hair and got under Onyx (my Pibbs). I put him on 60 and he dried my hair in 25 minutes. My curls came out pretty and bouncy. The curls themselves were beautiful- pretty, shiny and bouncy. HOWEVER, I didn't know what to do with them after I took the rollers out. My first rollerset (which was airdried) fell the first day and the curls were easier to tame. But NO, these curls were like "HELL NO, WE WON'T GO" I wanted curly hair, but darn, I looked like Ronald McDonald:spinning: I couldn't even put a headband on to make it look nicer. They were wild ass curls that wouldn't go down for nothing! I had to tame them because I was going out last night. To make a long story short, I wrestled the curls down with water, a boar bristle brush, and a wide tooth comb. I then slicked it down with mango butter and IC gel into a side bun. I used my Mane Clip and made a fancy looking bun (I'm uploading the pics into my fotki as I type this thread.

My question is, what do yall do after your Dryer-dried curls are done? I tried to put a HairZing on it and I looked like I love Lucy. I tried to put a banana clip in, a mess. Help!

What size rollers did you use. It sounds like you need a bigger size roller for a looser curl. Also, I was told by the only hairstylist that didn't take my hair out that lottabody will dry your hair out over time. Try either Perm Repair Setting Lotion or Elasta QP Setting Lotion.

Last edited:
I am sorry that happened to you too. What I would suggest is maybe wrapping or cross wrapping after putting some moisturizer on your hair or something like Dew spray in to soften it up a bit?

I always wrap my hair and go back under the dryer for a few after I take the rollers out. If I dont, then I'll look like an old woman with a head full of curls and thats NOT the look Im going for.:nono:

Yep sounds like you may need a bigger roller. Also, as suggested, try wrapping it with saran wrap for abut 10-15 minutes (under the dryer) after you take the rollers out. That usually works for me.

I always wrap my hair and go back under the dryer for a few after I take the rollers out. If I dont, then I'll look like an old woman with a head full of curls and thats NOT the look Im going for.:nono:

Exactly; I look like a little old grandmother right before I wrap and go back under the dryer. Also, I stopped rollersetting with Lottabody; curls were too crunchy, and I had been using this stuff for yeeeaaarrrssss.

MtAiryHoney - it all depends on the size roller you use. If you want tight curls you use smaller rollers - if you want loose curls you larger rollers. When my hair is dry and I don't want the curly look - I wrap it. Once I take my rollers out I finger pull the curls add a little moisterizer and seal and then wrap using a paddle brush and put on my satin scraf until the morning. I'm a Sunday girl - so I do my weekly washing, etc. on Sundays. So when I'm done it's time for bed and I take my hair down in the morning. Use large purple magnetic rollers for a loose look.

One more thing - I use lacio lacio leave-in and water only for my roller set.

Okay ladies. This is my second rollerset, but my 1st Pibbs rollerset. I DID NOT TAKE PICS BECAUSE I WAS ASHAMED OF HOW IT LOOKED!!.My question is, what do yall do after your Dryer-dried curls are done? I tried to put a HairZing on it and I looked like I love Lucy. I tried to put a banana clip in, a mess. Help!

That was only your second attempt. I have tried 5 times and never get my hair to look as shiny as yours...
4_12_2.gif
Off to study that DVD again
36_17_6.gif

This is what I do. I finger comb the curls, wrap, sit under the dryer for about 10 mins and then I am good to go.

First of all, YOU ROCK :2cool: 'cause this is your SECOND ROLLER SET (clears throat) and you got bouncy beautiful curls that are not falling out with just water!!! I have been doin them off and on for years and it's hit and miss (with more misses as seen in my Fotki under the "Bootleg Roller sets:nono:" folder).

I agree with the majority, just wrap it, be it a scarf, saran wrap or whatever and lay dem curls down (you may have already seen this but I can't wait to try it (minus the blown out roots), search You Tube under "saran wrap hair" for Marcherieamor's [spelling?] video and her website healthytextures.com). And keep having fun practicing with the Pibbs, because in the end that's all that really matters :yep:.

-patiently awaiting the Pibbsmeister:rolleyes:

Back