My scalp keeps burning/tingling. I need ideas

sunshinelady

So, I'm sure you all have seen my previous threads about this. My hair seems to be coming out at an astounding rate, my growth has slowed to nothing in the crown, and my scalp keeps burning/tingling. I haven't developed any full out bald spots yet, but I do spotty breakage.

I went to a dermatologist today and he made me feel so bad, like I was lying about my symptoms. Basically, he gave me a cortisone cream to rub in every night and told me to come back in a month.

I just feel like he didn't really listen or care. Do I have any other options? Or, is it that there really aren't many treatment options.

P.S. I can't really describe what the burning/tingle feels like. It just feels like every one of my hair follicles is 'awake' and it kind of moves to different places in my head.

JustKiya

So, I'm sure you all have seen my previous threads about this. My hair seems to be coming out at an astounding rate, my growth has slowed to nothing in the crown, and my scalp keeps burning/tingling. I haven't developed any full out bald spots yet, but I do spotty breakage.

I went to a dermatologist today and he made me feel so bad, like I was lying about my symptoms. Basically, he gave me a cortisone cream to rub in every night and told me to come back in a month.

I just feel like he didn't really listen or care. Do I have any other options? Or, is it that there really aren't many treatment options.

P.S. I can't really describe what the burning/tingle feels like. It just feels like every one of my hair follicles is 'awake' and it kind of moves to different places in my head.

What products are you using? Sounds like a possible allergic reaction. Have you recently moved? Are you eating differently? Check your products, and see if any ingredients have changed.... :ohwell: I hope you figure something out....

LivingDoll

I don't mean to scare you but I think you should go to another type of doctor, like a primary care physician and have blood work done. It may be something internal like your iron levels or your thyroid.

Pheonixx

^^^
I agree.
I was a radiology tech for 7 yrs. Physicians and the like are not perfect.
Never overlook the importance of a second-opinion.

sunshinelady

I don't mean to scare you but I think you should go to another type of doctor, like a primary care physician and have blood work done. It may be something internal like your iron levels or your thyroid.

I've had bloodwork done out of the wazoo, they're normal.. My PCP can't figure out why I would feel the burning either.