Garlic Powder Tingling Scalp--Normal/NOT Normal?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Inspired by "Ever mixed garlic powder to your conditioner" --- I mixed garlic powder to my DC mixture and my scalp is tingling although it's not excessively bothersome (yet). Wanted to keep this on for an hour but I might have to wash it out. It feels like when your relaxer is started to tingle before burning your scalp starts burning. Has anyone else experienced this?

My DC mixture is -- 1 ORS replenishing pack; 1tbsp aphogee 2min; 1tbsp lustrasilk shea/mango butter; 1tbsp honey. Garlic is the only different ingredient than what I normally use from week to week, thus process of elimination, the garlic is what is causing the tingling.

Thx!

Ladybelle

the very first time it tingled, but no more after the 1st time. i rinsed it out after about 30 mins the 1st go round but now I can leave it on for hours.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
How much garlic powder did you add? 1 T or 1 t? How is your scalp after you wash it out?
I used 4 teaspoons only b/c the link 'ever use garlic powder....' gave a measurement and I followed that. My scalp feels fine; no issues.