My rinse is green!!!

Tonya

hello ladies,
I have been using Adore as a cellophane to darken my hair color. The thing is when I use Jazzing it rinses out in like 3 weeks tops, and using Adore it lasts a few weeks longer but it fades and my hair turns a ugly shade(right now the roots have blue hue and the ends a green)
I was typing to ask if any opf u can sujjest another brand that will las long and take well. teh only three that I use are Sebastians (they don't have black), adore nad jazzing...am I looking over another brand that works better????
Help please I do not want to look like a pretty hair old granny with a bad color treatment!

Tracy

It's not the brand, baby - it's the undertone of the color you chose. It's got a green base. The Jazzing colors don't tend to use green as a base - I think only the blue black in their line uses it. But they don't last as long and they bleed more.

You can change the brand if you like (Sebastian or Jazzing are fine choices and some people use beautiful browns with success - tho for me they rinse out too quickly) but you could also just get two bottles of Adore - one in a nice red (Ginger will work) and your regular color that you normally use and mix them in mostly equal parts. Your dark won't be as deep - but it won't be as green either!

HTH

PM me if you need emrgency assistance.

Tracy

I forgot to say why this will work...

Green and red are opposites on the color wheel and so the red color will "cancel' the green undertone and give you the black minus the strange seaweed hue....

Tonya

Thanks Tracy I knew u woudl come to my rescue!
Question...the last time I mixed Off Black becuase it seemed to have a reddish orange hue with the Black velvet and I got green u think I shoudl try the spiced Cognac with ti instead?(trying not to go to beauty supply store i ma a junkie!!!)
What if I mix a jazzing color with an Adore?
Not a good Idea or OOHHH OOOHH I knwo Sebastians Mahongany with the black velvet????????

lala

Tracey,

Thanks for advising on this topic. I colored my hair last night with Adore black and it turned my hair green and blue in several places. I was so embarrased
at work today b/c people were staring. You're saying to counteract the green with a red? Also how soon can you reapply semi-permanent color. I also did a retouch yesterday. Thanks for your help.

mirrormirror

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tonya said:
teh only three that I use are Sebastians (they don't have black)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sebastian's does have a black rinse, its called black orchid, its a blue-black.

ngaa

lala, since the rinse doesnt pernantrate the hair strand, it shud be ok to do it wenever

ms_kenesha

When I use Jazzing I sit under the dryer; it says on the bottle for a semi-perm color to sit under the dryer I forgot how long. That way it stays longer you could try this next time you use the Jazzing!

Tonya

thanks MS_Kenesha but I sit under the dryer ATLEAST 20 mintues with every rinse I do. Matter if fact I try to stay under atleast 30.

lala

My rinse is green UPDATE!!!

Thanks all for your encouraging remarks. I got up yesterday (Friday) to go to work and the color had brightened
. I think b/c I did a retouch on Sunday, it may have contributed to this I don't know.

I have some gray strands around my hairline in the front and I think that's where the "neon" green and royal blue colors were concentrated.

I used Clairol's Beautiful collection semi-permanent color in Darkest Brown and left it on for about 10 mins while I took my shower. I then shampooed with the Elasta creme conditioning shampoo, used the DPR-11 and the Fortifying conditioner and it covered it completely.

Phew! That was a close one. I was looking like some overaged punk rocker. My husband was cracking up at first
. He was glad to see me get the color under control though.