My reviews-hair for sew-ins for 4a/b relaxed. Post here....

HoneyDew

Hi guys,

I just had to give a review of the hair I am using right now. I decided that I am going to wear sew-ins for a year or so in order to stretch my time between relaxers.

I have struggled to find a good hair that matches my type 4 relaxed hair!!!! :mad: :( :perplexed

I have used virgin Indian hair for braids and it great. But, I just can’t blend my hair with it when I wear weaves. It is way too silky and shiny.

I have had 3 sew-in total and here is my review of the hair used:

1st sew-in : I used what the Asian beauty supply owner said was his best hair and it was CRAP! It was the Zury Ultra Yaky in Color #1 / 14 inches. It looked great until I washed it. It tangled like crazy!! I had to carry a brush every where I went. Deep conditioning and moisturizing it helped, but not much. Also, it shedded SO BADLY. I had hair all over the place!

2nd sew-in : I ordered Sensationnel Goddess Yaky Color #1b / 14 inches. This really is good hair. It did not shed AT ALL. The 1b was too brownish/reddish for my hair color, though. Also, this did not match my texture the way I liked. It was too silky and shiny. It did curl very well, though.

3rd (and current) sew-in: I ordered Janet Remy gold, but it did not arrive in time. I was forced to use a ½ lb of hair I bought from HISANDHER.com a few months ago. At 1st I bought the regular Natural Perm straight and it was so ugly, I had to send it back. I got the Natural Perm Straight 50% mink with the regular weft (vs. their micro thin weft) Color #1 / 14 inches. I REALLY LOVE THIS HAIR!! It matches my relaxed hair perfectly and it is not too shiny at all. I just washed it today with Cream of Nature Ultra Moisturizing. I was so scared that this hair was going to tangle up! It did not at all. In fact, it is better than before the wash. After I washed it, I used Keracare Silken Seal and then blow-dried it. I bumped the ends slightly with a curling-iron and it is still beautiful.

My only complaint is the weft. It is too thick, I think. I may try their micro thin weft next time. Also, that was just one wash, I am curious how many washes it can take. But, from my experience with other yaki hair (for braids, as well), this hair definitely gets 5-stars for the money.

I still have that Janet Remy Yaki that is on its way and I will be happy to give a review of that as soon as I try it.

Does anyone else have any other reviews for Yaki textured hair for weaves?

CarefreeinChicago

i have in the zury yaki 1b and it sheds like crazy i have only had it in for two weeks and washed it once but it was only 9.99 so it will do for 2 more weeks

HoneyDew

kinchen said:
i have in the zury yaki 1b and it sheds like crazy i have only had it in for two weeks and washed it once but it was only 9.99 so it will do for 2 more weeks

Did it tangle after the wash?

Also, I do notice some shedding with my hisandher.com hair, but the fact that I have no tangles with a natural flow makes up for it. The shedding it not as bad as Zury.

HoneyDew

I will go try to take some pics with my cam phone. I am not sure what swelling is, but it is a little thicker. I think that may be ta result of the shampoo I used, though. It is more natural and covers better now that I have washed it. brb with those pics...

HoneyDew

here's one. more to come.

CarefreeinChicago

it did not tangle after i washed it ...just don't like the whole sew in thing i might just stick to micros...the 50% mink looks very realistic

cutebajangirl

Hey HoneyDew-
What I meant by swelling is like when some of the strands start to poof away from the rest of the hair but it is not quite tangling.

Here is my review of different hair brands:

Hisandher.comhair:

Natural Perm straight clearance hair for weaving. It is very coarse and matched my texturized (at the time) hair perfectly. It did not tangle and was not too shiny. Like mentioned above the hair is not too shiny at all however it did swell a bit. I am not sure if it was due to the length (only 10 inches) or if all the clearance hair swells like that. I did not have to restyle daily to keep it looking natural.

Kinky straight clearance hair for weaving. This hot mess tangled within the same day of putting it in. Looks lovely and a good match as well but not worth the drama. Do not purchase.

Natural Perm Straight hair (Regular): Like Honey Dew mentioned this hair looks like crappy bss hair and I sent it back without using it as well.

In general the hisandher.com hair does have really thick wefts and this can be hard to sew through and hair to conceal but the advantage is that the hair flows very naturally from the weft. More so than any other type of hair that I have ever used.

Bohyme Sahalian Smooth- I recieved numerous compliments when I used this hair. Everyone told me it matched my hair perfectly. However to me it did not. It had a bit of a slimy look to it along the area where it bended to make a curl. It did not tangle or swell at all. The weft is thin and the hair flows naturally from it. I cant really say wheather I would purchase it again, due to its cost $80/pack.

Harlem 125 Remi Yaki-
This hair did feel like a remi yaki but it tangled within the first night of me wearing it. I took it out and threw it away the next day. It is very cheap for a remi yaki (34.99 for 16 inches) but I will not be purchasing again.

Sensationnel- All of their straight hair is crap to me with the exception of the Goddess Remi line.

Milky Way- See sensationnel review.

Janet-
The Janet New Yaki was a perfect match for my hair. However I think they changed the texture of it because the recent purchases I have made do not feel or look the same. If I can find a pack with the original coarse texture I will purchase it again.

Last edited:

cutebajangirl

HoneyDew-

All the hair going down (behind your ears) is the 50% mink? If so that is a good match and I will look into purchasing. Thanks for the pics.
CBG

HoneyDew

No tangles at all. I was surprised.

I love micros but I have trouble wearing them consecutively. Just too much risk to my edges (which I am trying to thicken anyway). I have worn micros for the past 4 months and each time, the more my hair grew, the more chair time it took. I felt like screaming! The sew in was under 2 hours including the front/back only relaxer and deep condition. It felt good walking out of there with my whole day available!

They do have this hair in bulk https://www.hisandher.com/store/shop_product.asp?main=MAIN_002&sub=SUB_006&pro=2 (so expensive though!)

HoneyDew

The only hair that is mine is the very front a little on the sides. On the sides I have brushed my hair under the his&her hair so the part hanging down is all the 50% mink Yaki.

It is truly is a good match. I have been looking all over for a good yaki hair that matches relaxed type 4 hair.

I wanted one that matches my texture, has minimal shedding, does not tangle at all, and styles well. This hair gets my approval all the way! The true test will be the longevity and I will post my experience with that, as well.

I had heard bad reviews about this hair, but I now disagree.

(wow - just as I typed this, UPS just delivered my Janet Remy to my office - I am excited to open it at lunch.)

HoneyDew

cutebajangirl said:
Hey HoneyDew-
What I meant by swelling is like when some of the strands start to poof away from the rest of the hair but it is not quite tangling.

wow! Thanks for your reviews. I needed that to help me with my quest for hair. I have spent so much time and money searching.

As far as swelling, I don't think it swelled at all. It is a little thicker, though. But, I have seen that when I use my CON Unltra moisturizing on hair - even the indian cuticle hair. By the end of the week, it will need a good wash again.

carmend

That does look like a great match of texture. I have the his/hers lacefront in the natural perm str8 and it looks to be exact AA relaxer hair. So I was planning on trying some of the weave hair. Now that I see ur pics I really want to try. Thanks for posting. :)

cutebajangirl

I actually think that increase in thickness is because the stylists gets it really flat with the irons etc. That is hard to duplicate at home. This is why I insist on using only one pack of hair for a weave. Because it may look great when you leave the salon but once the hair goes back to its normal size it can look thick and weavey. Your's looks great though.

If it is not too much trouble can you take a pic of the Janet Remy Gold? I want to see how it looks andI cant find it in a store. TIA.

This is my current weave. It is a mix of Janet New Yaki (new less coarse version) and Janet Mink Yaki (the 30 streaks you may be able to see). I have only had it in since Saturday, so I cant speak on how it holds up etc yet.

http://public.fotki.com/cutebajangirl/weavehair_/dsc00704.html

HoneyDew

cutebajangirl, that looks very natural. I love that!

I am going to lunch now and I am excited to open my package. I will take a pic and post it when I get back. I don't want to be at my desk taking pictures of tracks :lol:

There an Asian lady that walked in on me taking pictures of my head and she thought I was crazy. :)

HoneyDew

Here are pics of the janet remy. I like it. Seems a little more silky than the hisandher.com 50% mink, though. I love the weft. It is the same color as the hair (hisandher.com has a lighter shade thread :ohwell: ) and it is much thinner than the hisandher.com weft.

HoneyDew

big time! I have a brand new pack of the goddess remy yaki at home that I will never use because it is too silky. I do like this Janet Remy better than the Goddess remy, as far as texture is concerned.

HoneyDew

Ok, 2nd wash this past Saturday and this hair is still looking good. Photos in my album. I had washed my hair Friday night and have pictures while I was out Saturday night partying in DC.

The one is my signature is there, as well. I did not bump the ends well enough, but you can see that there are no tangles at all. The hair was still natural looking and flowing - No tangles in the back as the night went on.

I washed with CON and used Keracare silken seal before blowdrying.

cutebajangirl

You and your hair look really good.

As for the Janet Mink Yaki after one wah it is tangling very much. So this will be the last time I wear this brand.

aikaa71

HoneyDew,

You weave looks great.

Make me want a weave now. Has anyone used the hair from shake and go? Its called yaki perm

napgurl

Thanks for you reviews. I left the weave game for a while because the hair was shedding so badly. Now I might go back and try your suggestions. Thanks.

HoneyDew

That's why I stopped using them, as well. I cannot deal with the shedding and tangles and matting!! I went to braids, but I am so scared to do that often because of my edges.

Now if I can find a good weaver to stick with I will be happy. I am not as happy with the job this lady did, but finding the hair was half the battle.

HoneyDew

cutebajangirl said:
You and your hair look really good.

As for the Janet Mink Yaki after one wah it is tangling very much. So this will be the last time I wear this brand.

:eek: and I have 2 packs of that stuff!

HoneyDew

cutebajangirl said:
Sorry. I took the Mink Yaki tracks out yesterday and replaced them with fresh ones to alleviate the tangling issue. It could be due to the fact that the hair is a 1B/30 and light colors always act up.

As for a weaver you can try Reniece http://public.fotki.com/Reniece20/

I expect that Reniece + good hair = weave heaven. :lachen:

Yeah, I want to see Reniece soon. She was booked the last time I needed my hair done. And she has good prices!! I am going to buy the hand-weft his and her 50% mink the next time (EXPENSIVE!) so Reniece can hook it up.

I am not sure about this Janet Remy but I still want to use it. Have you ever used the darker colors? How did they turn out?

simone103

Janet's King Yaky Perm is a good match for 4ab hair types, but most beauty supply stores only sell it in the 12" form. Rebecca collection and mo'town tress are also good matches for 4ab type hair.

cutebajangirl

HoneyDew said:
Yeah, I want to see Reniece soon. She was booked the last time I needed my hair done. And she has good prices!! I am going to buy the hand-weft his and her 50% mink the next time (EXPENSIVE!) so Reniece can hook it up.

I am not sure about this Janet Remy but I still want to use it. Have you ever used the darker colors? How did they turn out?

I've used the Janet New Yaki in 1b and it held up well and this new batch with less coarse texture is holding up as well. I havent used the mink yaki in any color but the 1b/30. I dont know anyone who has used the Janet Remy before. I think it should be fine though. I washed the piece you sent me and it didnt tangle etc.