My Review of Nairobi Home Maintenance Products

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Nairobi Exquisite Hydrating Detangling Shampoo

This shampoo reminds me alot of the Elucence and Elasta shampoos. It lathers well, smells delicious, and cleans the hair without stripping and leaves a bit of moisture behind. (very much like Elucence MB shampoo) It has hydrolyzed silk and keratin protein in it which I think is great.

Nairobi Humectasil Conditioner

This product is very unique. It has hydrolyzed collagen protein in it which is great for moisture, elasticity, and strength. It also contains castor oil and aloe vera oil which I thought was neat. It smells delicious--like nectarines. The directions say to leave it on for 15 minutes with a plastic cap. When I rinsed, my hair was totally TOTALLY detangled, but the unique thing was that it didn't have that soft, silky feel upon rinsing that most conditioners leave. It wasn't soft at all. I wanted to give it up right then, but I didn't. I figured that the most important thing is how my hair felt when it dried.

Nairobi Soft Finish Leave-In

This is a cool leave in. It's as good as NTM Silk Touch IMO. The ingredients aren't listed on the bottle, but the consistency and feel of it is very much like the Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion.

Nairobi Essential Botanical Oils

This is a nice light oil that smells wonderful. (all of their products smell yummy) It absorbs nicely into the hair and gives a nice feel and sheen. It's sunflower oil, peanut oil, canola oil, coconut oil, aloe vera oil, olive oil, almond oil, sesame oil, and jojoba oil.

Oh, and when my hair dried(before applying the oil) it felt very silky and moisturized all over. It was substantial moisture--the kind that you can feel on your fingers, but not greasy. It's very touchable and I'm having a hard time keeping my hands out.

Carlie

Sounds good. I think I'd be interested in trying the Shampoo and Leave-in. Did you buy them from a BSS or did you have to order it online?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Carlie,

I got them through my stylist, but I know that they can be ordered online.

Cowgirl,

I would be more prone to keeping these in my line up since I liked the relaxer so much. I'd love to use the "coordinating" home maintenance products for the relaxer that I get. When I was getting Affirm, I wasn't crazy about Humecto. And when I fell in love with Deep Brilliance products, I tried the relaxer and it wasn't good on my hair.