I finally tried Nairobi

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
My stylist is no longer at JCP and can now use the products she'd like without restriction. She's been telling me about Nairobi for a while--even while she was at Penney's. So yesterday, I asked her if she had a Nairobi relaxer and she said yes. I told her to go for it.

The relaxer is Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) and it was gentle. I only felt alittle tingling. The thing I liked best about it is that it straightened my hair to the degree that I like. Affirm would usually not straighten my hair as well or she'd have to leave it on for an extended amount of time for it to do so.

Also, since my 10 weeks of new growth is usually air-dried it makes it quite resistant to the relaxer. But the Nairobi did the job.

Following the relaxer, she used the Nairobi Protosil conditioner. (similar to 5 in 1) It smelled and felt wonderful. She left that on with a plastic cap for a bit. Next, she neutralized then followed it with the Nairobi Humectasil conditioner. (better than Humecto guys!) She left that on a bit then rinsed. She put the Nairobi soft finish leave-in (which is great) in my hair. I got a trim. I think she trimmed more than I would have liked, but that's okay(this time) because a few months ago I told her I eventually wanted to get rid of all my no-lye ends.

I purchased some of the Nairobi home maintenance products as well. They felt great in the salon... can't wait to try them at home. It would be a dream come true if I loved a relaxer line and the home maintenance products that go with it.

If anyone is interested in reading more about Nairobi products, of course I've found a website: Nairobi

Nanyanika

Glad you had a great salon experience, so are you going to stick with the nairobi relaxer and maintenance products from now onwards?

Height

A friend of mine tried the Nairobi relaxer and she really liked it. She said the stylist only left it on for 5 minutes ans rinsed. The sell the maintenance products close to me in Texas. Here's the link: Thanks Bailey237. Nairobi web page and local retailers /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

kitchen_tician

Supergirl, I'm glad you had a great experience with their products. What strength was the relaxer, because it sounds pretty strong?

How did she style your hair/Did she rollerset it?

Thanks for sharing, I'm sure your hair is as beautiful as ever.

gn1g

Where is your stylist located? I am thinking about going back to a perm!!

My daughter is transitioning from Just for me no-lye perms to lye perms. Here ends were always super frizzy, a stylist told us it was because of the no-lye perms.
So far she doesn't have any breakage but she lost a very small patch of long strands perhaps 10-15 strands. Do you have any suggestions on transitioning from no-lye to lye perms?

LABETT

I saw the Nairobi products in a Hair Cuttery a month ago I was checking out the detox product line I had no idea the line had a relaxer too.
I am glad it worked for Supergirl.

LABETT

I saw the Nairobi products in a Hair Cuttery a month ago I was checking out the detox product line I had no idea the line had a relaxer too.
I am glad the relaxer worked for you Supergirl.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Den,

I am sure that I will stick with the relaxer. I am going to try my home products and see how I like them. But even if I love them, I know me. I'll keep them in my regimen, but I'll still have to get my PJ on. But I'm really excited about these Nairobi products because I've been looking for a salon quality line of products for AA hair with a conditioner that could be left on for an extended period of time. The directions on this conditoner say to leave it on for 15 minutes. My stylist even said it would be wonderful if used for 10 minutes with heat.

KT,

I don't know what strength it was. I let the stylist flat iron my hair, because I needed to be somewhere else and a rollerset would've taken too long.

Gn1g,

She is in Arlington. I know you think that's far, but I make the drive all the way from Plano. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nanyanika

Thanks for your reply, if you try anymore of the Nairobi line, plz let us know the results, i always look forward to your pj reviews, you seem to know all the best products that's why you have that gorgeous superhair lol. How's the deep brilliance products going? i desparately want to purchase the moisture shine treatment, i tried ordering online but most sites do not ship outide US.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I still love Deep Brilliance and it's still in my rotation. It's just not so easy for me to come by. JCP is the only place that retails it. Otherwise, I have to get it online.

AudraChanell

It's wonderful when you find a line that you like the chemicals and the maintenance products. I have yet to find one. I haven't tried the line before and now my antennas are up ...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
[ QUOTE ]
Better than humecto????? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I've never been to big of a Humecto fan.

SherryLove

it's good to hear you had a wonderful relaxer/salon experience.... /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

zoya_j

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Better than humecto????? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I've never been to big of a Humecto fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never been a big fan either, it's too runny for me i'm glad you had a good experience changing stylists and products can be very scary /images/graemlins/weird.gif

MissB

Supergirl,

I'm glad that you had a great relaxer experience. My mom has been using the Nairobi relaxer for a year now and she really likes it.

Zoya,

I switched to the Humecto in the tub and that eliminated the problem with the conditioner being runny. HTH

MissB

sengschick

The Bun Master
The last guy I went to used Nairobi and Dudley's products. I bought one of their hair oils and really, really like it. It was just to hard to find when I dropped him and even he would be out when I would send other people. So I have 1/16th of a bottle that I was keeping just for fond memories. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Glad you enjoyed it though SG! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif