My Pibbs Experience

Transformer

Just wanted to share with owners and people contemplating purchasing a Pibbs my experience.

I was looking for a dryer that really got hot! I have natural hair and have found that a "really hot" dryer results in "straighter" hair for me than using a gentle warm dryer. I purchased a Belvedere from a local distributor and it gave me good results although it did not blow really hot heat. Please note it had a LARGE hood. When the Pibbs deal was advertised, I was able to return the Belvedere without any problems...great distributor!

I rollerset my and daughters hair on orange/red magnetic rollers. What is funny is that although the Pibbs generate a lot of heat AND generates more air flow volume, it takes a longer time for my and daughter"s hair to dry! Using the same method as before Pibbs, hair is dries kinkier. Those are the results of 3 rollersets since receiving.

Now, I'm thinking the cause could be the results of smaller hood used with a lot of orange/red magnetic rollers resulting in "roller blocking" and less air flow? It could also be the positioning of my head in dryer....tilting...one side was drier than the other.

Would other Pibbs users please tell me how far inside the dryer do they positioned their head? A measurement would be where does the visor fit...to the forehead? to the nose?

I going to be honest, I do wonder how people using the really large rollers (purple/black) fit inside the Pibbs.

What temp do you set your dryer on? Anything above 55/60 degrees feels like fire to me. I position the Pibbs so that the visor comes to my forehead/top of eyebrows. I also use purple and grey rollers without problems.

What temp do you set your dryer on? Anything above 55/60 degrees feels like fire to me. I position the Pibbs so that the visor comes to my forehead/top of eyebrows. I also use purple and grey rollers without problems.
I also set my Pibbs on 55 / 60 degrees.

I initial set the temperature to 70. After about 12 minutes I cut it back to around 60.

I think I have a really big head:perplexed

I was pretty upset because when I used regular old driers my hair dried in 4 plus hours. With the Pibbs, It was 2. I expected to be out in at least an hour. But I still like it though and use it for DCing and loose drying.

Maybe I had too high of expectations also! Whew 4 hours....2 hours is still a bunch for me. What size rollers do you use.

I agree, Pibbs will be great for deep conditioning. Except for the lack of "hood space", I don't know why I'm not getting better results with the Pibbs.

Is you5r dryer getting hot? Turn it on 70 and turn your timer al the way up. use grey and black rollers and have no problem.

Are u using too many rollers on the side? It should not take 2 hours to dry your hair at all. You have a manufacturer warranty, if you believe your dryer is faulty contact the manufacturer and see what they say.

Is you5r dryer getting hot? Turn it on 70 and turn your timer al the way up. use grey and black rollers and have no problem.

Are u using too many rollers on the side? It should not take 2 hours to dry your hair at all. You have a manufacturer warranty, if you believe your dryer is faulty contact the manufacturer and see what they say.

Tenjoy,

What do you mean by this?

OH no - now I am a bit worried.
I hope my hair dries straight.

Yes, we purchased the 514 Kwik Dyer model which is used in Salons. There is no problem with the dryer, it works perfectly. I need to get my rollersetting tighter so not to impede air flow.

Back